Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Forms - Web Designer 6

Does Web Designer 6 allow creating form (First Name, Last Nme, Street address, City, State and Zip. If yes, then, do you have to be programmer to do this?

Thank you.

Default Re: Forms - Web Designer 6

Welcome to the forums Tom,

I have renamed your thread title to be more specific - this helps in thread searching later.

WD6 includes many widgets in the Desgner Gallery including drag'n'drop forms.
    Please see the Xara page "What's New' here:

http://xara.com/uk/products/webdesigner/whatsnew

These forms are simple to add and do not require the knowledge of any html.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	forms.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	70948

Can you edit the Form Widgets? I was experimenting and couldn't figure out how to edit. On Contact Form (v2 I believe) there is a drop down for topic... is there a way to change these defaults? Is there a way to add a field - i.e. Phone? or are we stuck with defaults?

Also, is there a way to remove the Google button and Gadets Powered by Google at the bottom?

No.. These are not Xara controlled form widgets.
    They are only short cut methods to help WD users embed externally available free forms into their pages.

If to customis the forms yourself then have a look at the jotform widget I believe this is capable of such things.

I have alwys used coffee cup form creator highly customisable but costs a few quid

Hope that helps

Chris

Thanks... I've used Coffee Cup. I have a form on one site done in WD5 - problem is in IE, the form doesn't show up unless I delete some of the IE specific HTML code and reup the page. Also on that page, the pop-up menu stays open if rolled over. (see here). I've been planning to change it with a PHP form.

WD6 has addressed a lot of issues - especially like the upload only changed pages... I plan on converting the mentioned above site to WD6 - see if that helps with the Contact Us form.

Thanks for quick reply.

mmmmm very strange I use coffee cup forms for nearly all my client sites designed in WD or XXP5 no problems at all in any browser, in fact I have found coffee cup to be one of the most relaible ones for this kind of cross browser issue. Wierd.

PHP may well be a good way forward for you then in that case.

Chris