Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Strange repeating background |)

Why this background when used is repeating those white lines inside of red and grey?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Strange repeating background |)

Because you are not using whole pixels for the bar, this causes an anti-aliased edge.
    Set your page units to pixels and change your graphic width to whole pixels, create a bitmap copy at 256 colours, then use that as the background.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whole-pixels.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	70940  

Unhappy Re: Strange repeating background |)

Hello,

What do you mean by "whole pixels", I dont understand this..?

Also what format should I use (PNG, JPEG or BMP)?

Set your page units to pixels and change your graphic width to whole pixels in the info bar.
    For example, your graphic is 10.4 pixels wide. So unlock the aspect ratio and enter 10.

Right click the image and choose 'Create Bitmap copy'
    There is only the choice of PNG here.
    Select 256 colours and press create.
    Open the bitmap gallery, select the newly created bitmap and press the 'Background' button.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 29 March 2010 at 01:32 AM.

Post Re: Strange repeating background |)

Done.

Sledger one more question; when I write text (web safe font) it looks OK within Xara, when I export for web its shifted left or right. This usually happen if I use a lot of space between words. Why?

I know I can group it but this way it would be more attractive to Google search engine so I would like to know if there is a way to fix this.

Thanks a lot!

Yes, when using text for web pages that needs to be text only and needs to be rendered by every browser on any PC in the world, don't use any Xara specific formatting, spacing (Tracking/Kerning) and so on.