Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default WD6: When you import a JPEG it's initially sized to be 500 pixels wide?

According to the Help Menu, when you import a JPEG it's initially sized to be 500 pixels wide. Is this changeable? If I import an 800px image can I re-size it back up to 800px without loss of quality? Is there a difference between pasting in a 500px photo and importing a 500px photo?

Thanks!

Jim

Default Re: WD6: When you import a JPEG it's initially sized to be 500 pixels wide?

XaReg works with WD6, so you can disable the 500pix resizing altogether if you wish, or change it to some other size.

Default Re: WD6: When you import a JPEG it's initially sized to be 500 pixels wide?

Hi Jim,

You can download XaReg from the XaraXone http://www.xaraxone.com/html/shareware.html

With XaReg you can either turn off resizing on Import or set a preferred pixel size for Import.

XaReg is a simple utility that permits easy access to the Registry settings that are part of Xara's Applications.

EDIT: I see Steve posted before I did.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bitmap_Import_size.gif 
Views:	79 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	70929  
    Last edited by Soquili; 28 March 2010 at 09:09 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks, I've used it on XX5. I'll use it again. What about importing vs. pasting a photo in? Any difference?

Jim

Pasting ignores the 500pixel resizing and is pasted as expanded bitmap data rather than imported as the JPEG.
    You can see this via the Bitmap gallery.

sledger,
    Thanks for the info. Not experienced enough to know what expanded bitmap data is, but will look into it.

Jim

JPG's are compressed bitmap data (squeezed into a smaller space)
    When copied to the clipboard they are decompressed. (expanded)

Like a rolled up newspaper is easier and somewhat space-saving for distribution purposes, but you have to unroll it and open it up to read/view it (or copy it)