Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: XWD6 change the Dark Skin to the old Grey Skin

I donated. Time for the upgrade!

Jim
    IP

Talking Re: XWD6 change the Dark Skin to the old Grey Skin

The color value in my registry is XARADARK. Changed it to XARALIGHT and got the old XX5 light gray colors. Makes it a lot easier to jump back and forth between programs. I feel much more at home with the old colors and will try both to see what happens.
    THANK YOU!
    IP

sledger,
    I do use it in WD6, but no backup control in XX5. I'm guessing XX6 will have it also?

Jim
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by jimhanus View Post
    The color value in my registry is XARADARK. Changed it to XARALIGHT and got the old XX5 light gray colors. Makes it a lot easier to jump back and forth between programs. I feel much more at home with the old colors and will try both to see what happens.

Jim
    Really useful. I find the new colours dour and depressing and as everything else I use is in lighter format it is important to me to get XWD6 the same. Might not have upgraded if I coul not change (despite the, at last, fast publish).
    IP

The lighter grey and different icons look much better to my eyes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wd6_light.gif 
Views:	156 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	71080  
    Last edited by Soquili; 01 April 2010 at 03:12 PM. Reason: replaced attachment
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

LOL i cant believe all the comments regarding change of interface colour wow is it really that important? If it is you have all benn provided with a reg edit to change the colour and also a keyboard shortcut from Xara why are we still discsiing this? It take the light off the fantastic work the developers have done on the "important" things, honestly change it or get over it!

Peace out

Chris
    IP

Hi Chris,

I can understand your frustration on seeing this commented on over and over but that's the nature of this forum. When something has an adverse/positive effect on the users of Xara they usually comment on it.

In this case, this is an important topic for many people. That's why the comments, for me, it's also very important because my eyes have seen almost 60 years and as you get older these things are of huge interest. I find that I'm able to use the dark or the light and with one or two exceptions either will work for me.

For some others, dark may just be too dark....I've noticed my eyes are getting less able to be bright on the inside than they used to be.

The main thing I guess is that it's good there is so much feedback, even if a solution is given because it will give Xara (who sometimes comes across these threads) an idea of their success's and failures of implementing a feature....

Personally, I love seeing the extra comments just to get a feel of what others might be thinking.....

Just my 2 cents worth...even though the subject has been beat to death and will likely continue to be done so.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11
    IP

And here I was thinking about updating TG to a New Style to celebrate Xara's beautiful new UI
    IP

The Black Hole syndrome.
    IP

Yikes....
    IP