Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Ifilter to include .xar files text content in Windows Search

Something else that could come in useful - now that Xtreme is getting more text-handling facilities, would be an Ifilter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IFilter) so that the inbuilt search in Windows Vista and 7 (and the Desktop Search tool for XP) could index text in Xara files.

It's by no means a huge issue, but with a growing collection of booklets, concert programmes and so forth, being able to search their contents would be handy.

Stephen

Default Re: Ifilter to include .xar files text content in Windows Search

All of this from a vector drawing programme. I must admit this would be one of the last requests that I would be making to improve the programme. I am not trying to be facetious here but would that be your first request for an improvement?
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    I am not trying to be facetious here but would that be your first request for an improvement?
    Not at all, - it's something that occurred to me the other day (and that's why I did say it wasn't a huge issue at all!) when trying to track down a specific file.

Stephen

Yep that would be really useful. Also a Search Text and Replace function in Xara would be useful and way overdue.