Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: WD 6 / 'current page' NavBar buttons

No. If you apply the "NoAutoHighlight" name to ANY object, wherever in your design, the feature is turned off for all pages and all buttons. This is global setting.
    John.

covoxer,
    It didn't work that way for me. I applied it to one button, exported and uploaded. That button was fine but all others still had the WD6 applied rollover colors. Don't know why or what I did but it doesn't matter now as I applied it to each pages own selected button.

Jim

Sorry, I was wrong. Indeed this works only for the object to which it is applied.
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    One way is to globally disable this feature with the "NoAutoHighlight" name.
    So, how is this done?

You have to apply this name individually to every object that has to be ignored.
    John.

Thanks, John.

I noticed an additional effect when using XWD 6 with a site I built with Xtreme 5. On pages that are to be accessed through a submenu, the main menu button for the current page is only in mouse-over state on the first page. On the other pages only the submenu button (and not the main menu button) for the current page is in mouse-over state. In other words, the effect only works one level deep.

I imagine this is because XWD does not distinguish between main- and submenus in terms of page hierarchy.

I'm not sure I'm following you. Perhaps showing the striped down design with menus in question left untouched would help me to understand exactly what you mean?
    This may be a feature or a bug. So I would like to check it.
    Thank you.
    John.

John, I attached a stripped-down design with only the home and gallery buttons intact. The site was made with XX5. So, first publish it through XX5 to see how I intended the buttons to function. When you then publish it through XWD6 you can see the different behavior of the main and submenu buttons as I described in my earlier post.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well, I don't see any problem here.
    The links to the current page are disabled and have the rollover state visible permanently - that's the new feature of the WD6.
    What I wanted to check is what you mean saying that the effect only works one level deep. There's only one level so it obviously can not illustrate the problem?
    John.

Of course I don't really know what you expect to see or not, but let me try to explain what I would like to see.

The current page button (Gallery) on the main navbar only shows the rollover state on the first of the submenu pages and I would like it to be shown on all submenu pages.

The logical design of the site places the gallery pages hierarchically below the main level, but technically speaking all pages in XWD are on the same level. So, I guess that it will not be possible.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Menu & Submenu1.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	70960   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Menu & Submenu2.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	70961