Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default WD6: Using Page & Layer Gallery for Site Nav

I bought WD5 back in January and started to learn the software last week. I was about to move on because I did not like the layout of the program and how I had to perform many work a rounds to do something that is simple in other programs. The design part is great and reminds me of Corel Draw. I say this is the Corel Draw for web design.

So yesterday I download, install and began using WD6, I like, yes I do. But the site navigation is clunky, clumsy and awkward. Maybe I'm missing something and that is the reason for my post. Creating new pages on a site should not be so clumsy.

If I create 8 pages for my site, the pages are added to the nav bar/buttons. Great, but too many buttons on the page I only need 5 at the most. So I make 4 pages with the site nav bar clicked on and 4 more pages with the site nav bar turned off. I really wanted to make the last 4 pages a part of a drop down nav menu, but could not find a easy way to do this. So I had to manually link them and update the nav bar to repeat.

I use the page & layer gallery to switch from page to page. This is a welcomed feature for me. However if I move any of my page positions or delete a page, my nav bar goes wacko. The pages are no longer linked to the correct button. Is this how the program works and if so why? Like I said maybe I missed something, but as of now I'm very frustrated and ready to move on.

Take a look a the file, if I move the signs page above the banners page it gets screwed up on the nav buttons when you preview the site. Sorry for the long post, but I find the design tools so easy to learn and it's the navigation that frustrates me. The other software makes page navigation a one click breeze, WD5-6 makes it click, click, link...click link, move, click, click, click, link, click repeat on all pages, click, click link, click update repeating objects.

P.S. I plan on building a 30 page website.
    Attached Files Attached Files