Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default very slow, new to Painter

Hi
    I have a new imac and have just downloaded a trial version of Painter 11.
    The brushes are incredibly slow, is this normal?

My sample document is only 3500 x 2000 px, brushes are slow from size 13 upwards. I have disabled the 'gohsting' option in the menu to try and help and it doesn't make any difference.

Is this because it;s a trial version, is it because my mac is on 'snow leopard' (I'm not running it in rossetta as this has been buggy with adobe stuff) or am I missing a trick.

I'd love to trial this program properly but can't get anywhere with it as it is.

Any ideas it would be fantastic to hear them!
    IP

Default Re: very slow, new to Painter

Slow is comparative. When you say Imac, because you do not give its specs, I automatically think 'Slow' for starters.

I'm running Painter 11 on an Intel 9850 2.8 ghz Quad with 8 gigs ram, an n'Vidia 8600Tgraphics card, fast Sata 2 drives on Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Painter 11 is fast, never gives brush lag, and has quite fast I/O operations.

Painter 11 is a power hungry application, and very picky about machine configurations, especially with respect to graphics cards. I have another identical win 7 machine--Except that it has a motherboard with onboard graphics--that I cannot get either Painter or Essentials 4 to
    work on. They install but the applications get just past the initial splash screen , the graphics are all distorted, and loading freezes.

If I had to have Painter on that machine I'd have throw in a good graphics card and disable the onboard graphics.

Configuration compatibility is paramount with high end programs.

Maybe if you give your Imac specs, some detail about how it is slow, someone with a similar configuration may be able to help.
    IP