Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Photo Slide Show Test in WD6

I've been playing around with the photo slide show in WD6 and I've discovered some things.

The first thing is that as long as the pictures are on the page and at least one of them is visable, all of the other photos can be hidden. My thought here was to have several different photo slide shows on a single page, seperated by subject.

See my attached example. Page 1 contains a slide show of waterfalls. Page 2 contains a slide show of flowers. In each example one picture is shown and all of the others are hidden behind the black rectangle object. Click on the shown picture and you get a slide show of all the pictures. Yea!

On page 3 I placed copies both of the sets of photos from the previous two pages. Clicking either of these two photos, brings up a slide show with all of the photos (both flowers and waterfalls) in it. Hmm.... Not what I wanted but that's how it works. Ok.

For my next test, I will see if I can seperate out the slide shows by placing them on seperate layers.

Watch this space.

Eric
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Photo Slide Show Test in WD6

Slide shows do not work on popup layers it seems. The photos need to be on the mouseOff layer to be included in the slide show.

The only way that I think that I could make this work is by placing the slide shows on seperate pages and then using a placeholder to pull in the seperate pages. I may have to try that out later.

In any case the trick of hiding the photos on the page behind an object is still a nice method of having your slide show and saving space on the page for other information.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    My Club. My Album.

Quote Originally Posted by bcire68 View Post
    Slide shows do not work on popup layers it seems.
    It's supposed to work and seems to work here as I try. Could you provide the design that doesn't work for you?
    Thanks.
    John.

Perhaps because I created them on the mouseOff layer and then moved them to the Popup Layer? Not sure but check out the flowers on Page 3. Even though there are several photos on that layer, only the first picture shows up in the slide show.

Thanks for checking it out John.

Eric
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My Club. My Album.

Hi John,

OK. You made me suspect that something wasn't right and when I went back into the Popup Photo Options and reconfirmed everything, the slideshow worked. However, the slideshow still shows all of the pictures (flowers and waterfalls) even though they are different layers.

Still not quite what I wanted but I guess that is the way it works.

Eric
    My Club. My Album.

I've checked and your design works as expected. The galleries on pop-up layers are fully functional.

And yes, it is expected to have all the images with photo pop-up applied on the same page to be grouped into a single gallery. This is the way we had implemented this feature. There may be only one gallery per page.

Though, with a use of code placeholders and some non WYSIWYG techniques it is possible to have multiple galleries per page. But that's the subject for separate thread I think. After all, we use the Highslide photo pop-up, so all functionality of this script is present.
    John.

Thanks for that John. I expect that it was some kind of refresh issue. Once I opened up the options page and clicked the OK button, everything worked for me too.

With regards to the code placeholders. that is more or less what I suspected.

Cheers,
    Eric
    My Club. My Album.