Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Sending a web design to someone else

Hi to everyone,
    I am a newbie and you very kindly helped me out on a logo design. I am now trying to learn web designer. I have built one page that I would like someone else to look at who does not have Xara. Now, I exported it as index.htm and attached the file to an email. Unfortunately the recipient could only view my bit of text and jumbled pictures, I only had two photos in the document. I know web designer is not an html editor but I'm sure the help files say you can send your design to others. Please can someone tell me if this is possible and if so what have I done wrong. Thank you.
    Brenda

Default Re: Sending a web design to someone else

Hi Brenda,

Sending the index.htm to someone isn't enough I'm afraid. This file simply contains text and source information to where the graphics, style sheet layout, java etc is which makes up the rest of the site.
    The folder index_htm_files also needs including.

However - you are right, Web Designer is not a HTML editor, neither are the html output files really suitable for colaboration.
    What you can share is a saved *.web file which does contain your images and layout details.
    Having said that, if you have used the 'Replace with graphic file' or 'Replace with flash' placeholder, then these files will not be included in the saved *.web file.

However the person must have Web Designer or Xtreme 5 installed on their computer to share those files.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 26 March 2010 at 07:38 PM.

Consider:

Publishing the design somewhere and give the other person a link.
    Take a screen snapshot and send that (or make a PDF or word docment with the images).

All is not lost!

Paul

Thank you both.

That saves me so much time. I would still be looking for a solution if it wasn't for this forum.
    Brenda

Hi,
    I am here in Canada, and have access through Shaw Cable for home internet. They supply a 'personal' space hosted under your name for personal use (no scripting of any sort) where I upload some of my template files for family members th view and send me feedback. Maybe your internet provider does the same?
    JimM