Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Background in WD6

I've been test driving WD6 and have run into issue with how backgrounds are created. It appears that in WD6 we now have 2 backgrounds. The regular page background and the pasteboard background. I can't really understand the benefit of this.

First of all, I think it makes it much more difficult to to make web pages with rounded corners. I understand from reading Gary's excellent tutorial that you can unlock the page background layer and then make the rounded corners. Problem is that then when you later create a web header or footer you have to make sure that the corners are rounded identical to the page background which is quite difficult.

Another issue I have with this is that in the past we had a nice clean light gray pasteboard to keep notes and other information. Makes it more difficult to do that now that pasteboard has to have website background color or image.

Makebe someone can explain what benefit there is in this new WD6 feature.

Default Re: Background in WD6

You don't have to do anything with the pasteboard
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by BQ View Post
    Makes it more difficult to do that now that pasteboard has to have website background color or image.
    It doesn't 'have to' - it's optional. You can still use the pasteboard in the same way. Even if you to choose to use the new feature and colour it or add a bitmap for the site bg, objects on the pasteboard are not exported or will show.

Spend a bit more time with the new version before posting. It saves a lot of typing

Actually I now see the issue. If you Ctrl+drag a color onto the page it becomes the background. If you just drag a color onto the page it just becomes the page color and not the background.

Not so.

Ctrl+Drag'n'drop a colour or image to the 'page' background.
    Works the same way as WD5

Only when you ctrl+drag'n'drop to the pasteboard, does the 'page' become a separate object (or unlock the coloured page and round the corners for example).

Work with it. It takes a little getting used to. Like anything in life.

I do realize it takes time to learn new things. I don't have to be told that. I posted because I was trying to figure out something out. I had tested it quite a bit. I now find it interesting that if you just drag something onto pasteboard or page it operates differently than if you Ctrl+drag. Hopefully this information will help others in learning this new product.