Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: website set up

Default website set up

Can you advise

My website is essentially a series of monthly newsletters for clients..each newsletter being about 3-5 pages long. For each monthly issue i want to use nav bars to naviagte it but want to use the same titles i.e new research..focus on..as a theme for each nav bar. whats best

lump all together in one project. for each month create new nav bars so i can update repeating objects for that month issue only and nt effect previous issues nav bars....assuming xara won't update them all to the new monthly nav bar

or

create a new project each month (using the template i have made) save it and then for each month ftp it to the directory on my webserver

I did not see in the export and ftp section (only looked at it did not try to upload) a place where specific page numbers can be exported...is this right? My experience of ftp is as the site grows and you ftp all pages greater chance of the ftp corrupting what is you experience of ftp .xar files.

Thank you

Default Re: website set up

Hi Scruffy,

Easiest to answer your last question first. You can only publish an entire site, not individual pages or select pages.

Are you placing all monthly newsletters in the same directory (folder) on your website?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

yes same directory

I'm not sure how you would prevent some corruption of older newsletters when you put up a new one into the same folder.

My personal approach would be to have older newsletters moved to a folder for the particular month. Place the current news letter in the site root directory so the index file for that month is the default. Older newsletters would be accessed by a menu.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update