Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Horizontal rule

Default Horizontal rule

I'm currently working with the trial but will more than likely buy it. I have WebStyle, Webster and 3D but never really designed a site with xara tools--just created graphics. So I'll probably drive y'all nuts over the next few months until I get really proficient with the software. I have two sites to build and one to refurbish.

Is there a way to just insert a simple horizontal rule on a page without having to draw a series of lines? Guess if I have to I have to but it'd sure be more simple to just insert a rule or be able to use the <hr /> tag.

Default Re: Horizontal rule

By the time you can create a placeholder to contain the horizontal rule tag, you have already created one.

Simply create a rectangle the width you need and the height you need for your rule. If you do not like the rectangle itself, you can put your <hr /> take in the replace with HTML code area for a placeholder.

You can always use the Shape Editor Tool in Web Designer or if using Xtreme you can use any of the drawing tools to create a line of the desired thickness and your choice of end caps.
    Last edited by Soquili; 25 March 2010 at 07:12 PM. Reason: added use of line for the horizontal rule
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: Horizontal rule

Note: The hr element renders differently in different browsers so this is not the WYSIWYG approach which Web Designer is intending.
    Using the Shape Editor to draw a 'rule' of any thickness or color is simplicity in itself. Additionally you can add any affects you like.
    To constrain the line to a horizontal, hold Ctrl before you click the starting point for the line then release after clicking the end point.