Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Web Designer 6

This wouldn't be the right thread to discuss which browser people prefer.
    My guess is that the Xara/Magix web master is using some new .js for the bouncing info dropdown effect which shows it's bugs when viewed with IE.

I think it's FANTASTIC! I really love the look and feel of it and the new templates are superb!

Oh yes...the menu tool (sort of similar to what's in Webstyle 4) was much needed and works like a dream.

Thank you!

Talking Re: Xara Web Designer 6

Fabulous job XARA!!! Can't wait for Xtreme6 so will buy XWD6.

Does anyone know if any of the developers have taken a look at Google Picasa, V3.6? This new version has expanded abilities beyond what the new XWD6 is offering. Is it fully compatible with XWD6?

Picasa has Gallery Slide Shows with transitions and expanded Video abilities [YouTube/Google Videos links, plus a collage function has been added to Picasa3.6.

Smile Xara Web Designer 6 upgrade

I'm pumped up by simply reading the various comments posted here about WD6. As soon as I get home tonight I'm jumping all over the upgrade like a bum on a ham sandwich.

And Gary . . . Happy B'Day!

Having only bought Web Designer less than a year ago, almost as it came out - i am absolutely disgusted at having to pay for the upgrade, such a major upgrade so soon is an admission that they got it wrong in the first place. I even bought all the template packs and now can't use them all, that really is bad.

My main gripe for v5 was no easy way to create multi level nav bars, now we have something pretty similar to what was in Webstyle, seems ok but has some silly bugs like selecting animation direction down on a vertical bar just makes the sub level appear over the next button down. It's a shame that the sub level buttons aren't the same shape as the main bar. As it is it looks like you've made a great effort on the main bar and couldn't be bothered with the quality of the sub menu buttons

What would be really really really great, would be a nav bar creation system that allowed more flexibility with the graphics on sub levels, and flexibility with the animation.

I know it's not an HTML editor but it would be useful to be able to enter code into the header for Menus, javascript etc so you could use menus from FlashMenu Pro for example - i haven't trued but the snippets may well give me a way to insert this type of menu !

Will be testing over the next few days so hopefully will find more good than bad !!!

In WD6 you can now insert code into a placeholder named <head> as in Xara Xtreme
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thumbs up Re: Xara Web Designer 6

Got this as an upgrade yesterday evening. Finally got to bed at 4.30am, up at 7.30am for the school run.......thanks xara!!

Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Springett View Post
    ...silly bugs like selecting animation direction down on a vertical bar just makes the sub level appear over the next button down...
    If you mean you want them to go sideways there's an option for that [see below] if you haven't already found it [apologies if you have]. Agree that that the sub-menus are a bit uninspired though. I expect somebody will come up with something, usually do round here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	direction.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	70825  
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by neodeist View Post
    In WD6 you can now insert code into a placeholder named <head> as in Xara Xtreme
    You can do this in WD5 John, this isn't new to WD6

Ah right, I read a Covoxer post that I thought implied it was new to WD6. Thanks for clarifying