Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xara Web Designer 6

I see my name and under that is say Administrator.
    I never use a password when I start-up a new computer.
    So, I created a password for my name/administrator.
    I clicked on the icon the admin window came up,
    I checked admin entered the new and only password and not valid.
    I am guessing I have to go into the system in safe mode and create a password,
    correct?
    Thanks,
    Mike P

Sorry, I thought we were talking about running Xara software and setting the .web file program association.

As mentioned previously, right click the shortcut and select 'Run as Administrator'
    Then try again.
    This should allow the correct access permission to let the Xara application write the file association information to the Windows registry.

If you are now having Windows user profile problems, please post in the 'Off Topic Chat' forum.

I am talking about Xara software. I have the same issues with Xara Xtreme.

Red face Re: Xara Web Designer 6

In the new Web Designer 6, is it possible to get the HTML code for a page once you have created it and saved it. I ask because let's say I have one website hosted on Yola for example. You can't FTP your pages on there, but you can past in the HTML code to create your site. Will I be able to go this route with Web Designer 6? Would like to know before I purchase.

Thank you for answering.

Quote Originally Posted by mfabes View Post
    You can't FTP your pages on there, but you can past in the HTML code to create your site. Will I be able to go this route with Web Designer 6?
    No. Except for html code, which you can get simply opening the exported page in the Notepad or other text editor, there is a lot of files needed for a page, like images, scripts, stylesheets. Can you upload them without FTP?
    John.

I know you can upload images through a browse/dialogue box on their site...have to check on other files. Will do so and reply again.

You can upload files using their file manager. It allows you to create folders to put them in, but there is no way to get to the "root" directory of the site if that would be necessary. Not sure if I'm communicating that properly, but hopefully you will get what I mean.

I see. Can you create multiple HTML files in the "root" folder? What possibilities do they provide to create HTML files at all?
    John.

They have HTML widgets or sections that you can insert on each page via their interface. You can insert as many of the HTML boxes or widgets as you want on each page. Then you just paste the HTML code in the box. You can't directly place it in a root folder though...if that makes sense.

Smile Re: Xara Web Designer 6

Hello. This is my first time posting about this particular product. I am using the trial version and it's so much fun! I'm thinking about having a client of mine buy it for me in lieu of paying me cash.
    I'm not sure how to have someone else purchase for me as she is in Canada and I am in the USA. Does anyone know how I should do this? And, is this product recommended to someone who has always used other programs to create sites, including hand coding?
    I am a bit concerned about all the code it creates. But if you experts say it's not a problem, I want it!
    Thank you.