Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Web Designer 6

Not what I suggested at all. But anyway, get back to us with your report.

Red face Re: Xara Web Designer 6

In the new Web Designer 6, is it possible to get the HTML code for a page once you have created it and saved it. I ask because let's say I have one website hosted on Yola for example. You can't FTP your pages on there, but you can past in the HTML code to create your site. Will I be able to go this route with Web Designer 6? Would like to know before I purchase.

Thank you for answering.

Quote Originally Posted by mfabes View Post
    You can't FTP your pages on there, but you can past in the HTML code to create your site. Will I be able to go this route with Web Designer 6?
    No. Except for html code, which you can get simply opening the exported page in the Notepad or other text editor, there is a lot of files needed for a page, like images, scripts, stylesheets. Can you upload them without FTP?
    John.

I know you can upload images through a browse/dialogue box on their site...have to check on other files. Will do so and reply again.

You can upload files using their file manager. It allows you to create folders to put them in, but there is no way to get to the "root" directory of the site if that would be necessary. Not sure if I'm communicating that properly, but hopefully you will get what I mean.

I see. Can you create multiple HTML files in the "root" folder? What possibilities do they provide to create HTML files at all?
    John.

They have HTML widgets or sections that you can insert on each page via their interface. You can insert as many of the HTML boxes or widgets as you want on each page. Then you just paste the HTML code in the box. You can't directly place it in a root folder though...if that makes sense.

Can you have multiple pages at all? Doesn't sound like you do. Also it looks like the only thing you can do is to insert snippets, not entire pages, right?

Tell me, is it some sort of CMS? WordPress? Jumla? Something else? Does it have some other name?
    John.

Yes, you can have multiple pages and you can insert HTML blocks into each page. But you can't really FTP to folders or get to root folders outside the web program. I don't really know how to explain it better. You can check it out at Yola.com. It's free to setup an account and have a 5 page website. Maybe then you could see what I'm talking about. Of course, I would certainly understand if you don't want to go thru that trouble.

So it is a CMS.
    Unfortunately I don't see any practical way to force the free account to use XWD created pages. You have to upgrade to Pro service to do so.
    John.