Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Default Xara Web Designer 6

There’s a new version of Xara Web Designer, and it’s available now on the Xara site: http://www.xara.com/products/webdesigner/

We won’t go into any great detail because you can find out what’s new on our site:
    http://www.xara.com/products/webdesigner/whatsnew/

and Gary will have a preview on the Xara Xone shortly.

We hope you like the updates!

Many thanks
    Xara Team

Thumbs up Re: Xara Web Designer 6

Bravo! You guys have really outdone yourselves!

Default Re: Xara Web Designer 6

Excellent! Looks like everything I ever wanted for webs in Xtreme. You guys really do listen! Now I'm going to have to start re-designing some of my sites...

EDIT: Didn't even bother trying it first. Just went ahead and bought it. Awesome improvements!

EDIT2: OK, last time I'll edit. Already updating one of my sites that has pages of thumbnails. The auto slideshow feature was what this site needed but I was too lazy to make the changes. Finished in 5 minutes!! And I can preview the single page (it's a 30 page site) so I can see the changes immediately.

EDIT3: OK, seriously, last edit. I just updated my biggest site, www.bluewatersportsmansassociation.com, that has 17 pages with thumbnails. It took me 12 minutes to change all of them to slideshows (including preview, export, and uploading). This is even more fun than before. Works for me!

Jim
    Last edited by jimhanus; 25 March 2010 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Happier

I am downloading right now! But, I am not sure that I am not painting myself into a corner. I have Xtreme Pro 5.0 so I will plan of updating to 6.0 when it comes out. However, I can't wait to play with the new features. But, what is going to happen is my Designer trial will run out before Xtreme 6.0 comes out
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Download and install went smoothly. Nice one chaps and chapesses! You really have listened, thank you. Hope the new vector stuff in XXP6 is as exciting. As last time I'll be getting both, Xaraddiction leads to such things!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

One question,
    What happends with xtreme pro, it will be an update to get this capabilities?.
    Best regards
    Javier

I echo the above question from jvila presume there will be no "free" update and these capabilities and improvements will simply be included in the release of Xtreme & Xtreme Pro 6?

OK downloaded trial very excited I am a child at Christmas with this sort of thing lol installed no probs on Win 7.

Does this now have multi processor suport?

Chris

So far sadly I am underwhelmed In fact I would go as far as to say not impressed at all, I will have a proper play with it now for a couple of hours and post back later but on the face of it seems to be a great upgrade with some lively features but for me anyhow the one that has been mentioned on these forums lots and lots of times now has been completely ignored.

I do not want Xara software naming my pictures then screwing up visitors views of the site after regular updates due to cache, this could and should have been rectified in this release and sadly has not

So far I will be waiting for Xtreme Pro 6, I will throw together a new site using some of the new features now but dont even have access to any of the new templates as a trial user another big

Will post more later

Chris

EDIT

Maybe I have been a bit unfair here, I just really am gutted that the ability to name your own images and keep the names has not been incorporated it causes me so many problems on sites that are regularly updated it is unbelievable having a play now some of the new featurres look really cool
    Last edited by ChrisBro; 25 March 2010 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBro View Post
    I do not want Xara software naming my pictures then screwing up visitors views of the site after regular updates due to cache, this could and should have been rectified in this release
    And it is rectified. Albeit in the way you may not notice from the start. Let me explain. If you re-export your site in WD6, or simply export over the previously exported site all the images that were unchanged remain their old names. All the new images get unique names. And all the unused images are removed and their names are not used in following re-exports. This also works with incremental updates, so that you'll never encounter any image name clashes as before.
    John.

Does XWD6 still rename images on upload ?

Edit: simultaneous post with Covoxer This is very welcome news