Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Xara Web Designer 6

There’s a new version of Xara Web Designer, and it’s available now on the Xara site: http://www.xara.com/products/webdesigner/

We won’t go into any great detail because you can find out what’s new on our site:
    http://www.xara.com/products/webdesigner/whatsnew/

and Gary will have a preview on the Xara Xone shortly.

We hope you like the updates!

Many thanks
    Xara Team

Thumbs up Re: Xara Web Designer 6

Bravo! You guys have really outdone yourselves!

Default Re: Xara Web Designer 6

Excellent! Looks like everything I ever wanted for webs in Xtreme. You guys really do listen! Now I'm going to have to start re-designing some of my sites...

EDIT: Didn't even bother trying it first. Just went ahead and bought it. Awesome improvements!

EDIT2: OK, last time I'll edit. Already updating one of my sites that has pages of thumbnails. The auto slideshow feature was what this site needed but I was too lazy to make the changes. Finished in 5 minutes!! And I can preview the single page (it's a 30 page site) so I can see the changes immediately.

EDIT3: OK, seriously, last edit. I just updated my biggest site, www.bluewatersportsmansassociation.com, that has 17 pages with thumbnails. It took me 12 minutes to change all of them to slideshows (including preview, export, and uploading). This is even more fun than before. Works for me!

Jim
    Last edited by jimhanus; 25 March 2010 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Happier

I am downloading right now! But, I am not sure that I am not painting myself into a corner. I have Xtreme Pro 5.0 so I will plan of updating to 6.0 when it comes out. However, I can't wait to play with the new features. But, what is going to happen is my Designer trial will run out before Xtreme 6.0 comes out
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Download and install went smoothly. Nice one chaps and chapesses! You really have listened, thank you. Hope the new vector stuff in XXP6 is as exciting. As last time I'll be getting both, Xaraddiction leads to such things!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

One question,
    What happends with xtreme pro, it will be an update to get this capabilities?.
    Best regards
    Javier

Just bought it BUT... WD6 will not open a .web file created in WD5. To be fair, the site opens and I can see rectangles for all the pages and the Properties box shows that they have the correct names and I can even preview the site/pages but none of the elements is visible or can be selected.

Is there an import function i am missing, please?

Make sure that all static layers are visible before exporting or previewing. WD6 only exports visible static layers.
    John.

Other (more complex) .web files seem to open OK but the one I have just started (and wanted to complete using WD6) will not. I have tried dragging the contents of a page from WD5 to WD6 but get the message "Internal program error 845.k.rn.gn" or that could be 845.k.m.gn. The message box was very sexy, however.

Quote Originally Posted by bexvlad View Post
    Other (more complex) .web files seem to open OK but the one I have just started (and wanted to complete using WD6) will not. I have tried dragging the contents of a page from WD5 to WD6 but get the message "Internal program error 845.k.rn.gn" or that could be 845.k.m.gn. The message box was very sexy, however.
    I have managed it, a page at a time by just clicking 'OK' to the error message. Perhaps this will help someone else with a similar problem.