Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: web designer six

I must say that I think that it is brilliant that Xara have allowed for first, middle and last buttons in the navigation bar tool. For an automated solution this allows for some impressive looking nav-bars.

Not being able to convert a quick shape to an editable shape in XWD made creating my end buttons somewhat more challenging (I had to use a different method than normal) but none the less fun.

I am ever so slightly disapointed that you can't change the button backgrounds on the sub-menus. I would have liked to add a simple linear fill on the backgrounds to give a raised/sunken look/impression. This is extremely minor however. An even better option would have been to allow the user to create a seperate button that the user could define as a sub-menu button; much like you can create a nav-bar from a button. Again, I think that this is a very minor thing. If I want fancy graphics for my sub-menus, I can still do things the old way.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by bcire68 View Post
    Not being able to convert a quick shape to an editable shape in XWD
    Hint: Ctrl+1
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by katemoir View Post
    I can confirm what Derek says. The next version of Xtreme / Xtreme Pro / Magix Photo & Graphic Designer will have the same new look UI. Also the new web features & templates will go into the next Pro but not the classic version of Xtreme/Photo & Graphic Designer. Don't worry Derek, that wasn't confidential, it's mentioned in our site FAQs also.
    Hello Kate,

Thank you for the information. I anxiously look forward to release of XXPro6. In the mean time I have purchased WD6 for the bargain upgrade price of $29. This will give me the opportunity to learn the new web design features and UI and then when XXPro6 is released I can concentrate on the other new features.

Thank you all at Xara for your hard work and great products.

BQ

Quote Originally Posted by katemoir
    the new web features & templates will go into the next Pro but not the classic version of Xtreme/Photo & Graphic Designer.
    What a shame. I guess I'll have to spend more money for the Pro version (since I want the new web features).

I am with you. I am highly tempted to go ahead and get WD6 because I really want to play with stuff and the downloaded version is somewhat restrictive.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Thanks Derek, that is good to know. She didn't happen to give an estimated release date by any chance? ( I can guess the answer to that one but hey it can't hurt to ask) I am still not sure if I am going to wait or not, decisions, decisions...
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

COuple questions about W6:

Ones- did they fix the overwrite problem on upload? Currently they dont delete previous files when new is uploaded.

two- Did they fix the animated .gif bug? Currently it restarts on any mouse over.

I am tempted to upgrade since I love this program and the fact they added some of the menumaker functions and the "Buy" button and many many other things.

The'se tow things seem to annoy me but I can solve the upload glitch taking a few extra minutes. but the animated .gif seems something I have to live with.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ruffino
    did they fix the overwrite problem on upload? Currently they dont delete previous files when new is uploaded.
    This issue has been fixed in Web Designer 6. Read covoxer's explanation here.

Thanks Cursor, that is the most welcomed news!

How bout the animated .gif glitch?

Quote Originally Posted by ruffino View Post
    Ones- did they fix the overwrite problem on upload? Currently they dont delete previous files when new is uploaded.
    Yes, fixed.
    two- Did they fix the animated .gif bug? Currently it restarts on any mouse over.
    Yes, fixed.
    John.

Thumbs up I get a free uprade! Hooray!

I purchased on Feb 12 and anyone purchasing after Feb 8th gets a free upgrade.
    I am very happy!