Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: web designer six

Oh no please I am being left behind. I bought Web Designer then Xtreme 5 a few months later. I need not have bought the two, I realise that now so as a beginner I am going to wait.
    I would be happy to spend some money on a course in Xara. Any hope there?
    But in saying that I would not even be trying this if it was not for Xara and their prices. Unable to lead the active horsey life anymore you have kept one person partially sane. So I thank you for that, even if I suffer sleep deprivation.
    Brenda

Kate Moir confirmed to me in an email dealing with something else that WWXpro 6 will have all the same features as WD6 but XX standard won't. Both versions will have the same new icons, flyouts and grey colour scheme. Thats official.
    Derek

That's quite a break from tradition for Xara to reveal the features of new version software before it has even been announced Derek.
    Though I suppose privately might be a different matter.

(WWXpro? Typo?)

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Thanks Derek, that is good to know. She didn't happen to give an estimated release date by any chance? ( I can guess the answer to that one but hey it can't hurt to ask) I am still not sure if I am going to wait or not, decisions, decisions...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Thanks Derek, that is good to know. She didn't happen to give an estimated release date by any chance? ( I can guess the answer to that one but hey it can't hurt to ask) I am still not sure if I am going to wait or not, decisions, decisions...
    Frances
    No, no release date and I'm not sure if I'm breaking a confidence in revealing the info about the UI; I hope not. I think we would all be able to guess that the two programs are going to look the same anyway if only because we have redundant greyed out features in WD that are obviously meant for XXpro. For the sake of £25, which is the price of a chinese takeway for three people, I don't mind buying both.
    The more I look at it and tinker the better I am with the new UI and by the time XXpro is released I'm sure I will be completly comfortable with it and the new icons.
    Derek
    Last edited by masque; 26 March 2010 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm breaking a confidence in revealing the info about the UI; I hope not.
    Yes I agree, it's a no-brainer to guess that the new UI will be echoed in the next versions of their flagship applications. Though I am more concerned about the other comment:

Xpro 6 will have all the same features as WD6 but XX standard won't
    This won't leave any middle ground for people who don't need the pro version features of Xtreme but want more drawing tools than WD and still create web sites.
    This would, in fact, be the 'lean' version that was requested some weeks ago.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBro View Post
    Your button title "button start1" does not do anything not even a mouse over and the images in the gallery are pixelated in slideshow
    I know its only a test just thought I would mention it.

Chris
    Actually my "button start 1" does work. This is a feature of the navigation bar tool. When you are on the page that the button represents, the mouseOver state stays selected. I have enhanced my test site to have a second page so that you can see the effect.

No worries on my end, I'm just trying to be complete.

Eric
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bcire68; 26 March 2010 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Forgot to add the attachment.
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Ahhhhh I see cool I didn't even think that well thats a great idea then

Chris

I can confirm what Derek says. The next version of Xtreme / Xtreme Pro / Magix Photo & Graphic Designer will have the same new look UI. Also the new web features & templates will go into the next Pro but not the classic version of Xtreme/Photo & Graphic Designer. Don't worry Derek, that wasn't confidential, it's mentioned in our site FAQs also.
    Kate Moir
    [url]http://www.xara.com[/url]

Personally & first impression:
    I don’t like the interface, it isn’t as bright and easy to look at, it doesn’t look as professional as the previous version, it looks more like going a step back looking like Windows XP, and next to that its handling, why do it need to make an additional choice to be able to create something. Example, the rectangle tool and ellipse tool is brought in to 1 menu option and then I have to choose rectangle or ellipse tool, of course you can change this by removing this menu and bring back all the tools back separately. Maybe I’m a bit disappointed because it took me rather a long time getting used to all the optical different looking icons and shortcuts. I will wait to see what they will do with XXP!
    The good thing is all the widgets will help a lot of people in the future integrating a lot of standards.
    Maybe a tip, it would be nice if there was a tool that would help you keeping your current settings like shortcuts etc.
    Please take a look at it and decide for yourself!
    When I have more time and I’m used to it I will bring more Pro’s and Contras!

Looking forward to read more reviews from current users.

Best regards from Austria,
    Ruud.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	v5.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	70808   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	v6.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	70809