Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default web designer six

Whats dark grey and used for making web sites?
    Check out the Xara.com site for web designer six.
    Haven't had much time with it yet but if you don't like a dark grey UI you might not like whats happened as I can't find any way of changing it.
    Also I can't find any of the tool bar shortcuts; they are all there just different enough to be no longer recognisable, and large, with seemingly no option to opt for small tool bar icons as at present.
    Does this mean that Xtreme6 will be release in a month or so's time and if so will it contain all of WD6 as last time and more important will it be dark grey with out the options and tool bars we all are familiar with; and if so why?
    Derek
    Last edited by masque; 25 March 2010 at 01:41 PM.

Default Re: web designer six

It is dark grey, I can confirm that Not too sure about it yet. I can see why Xara have the two programs but I wish they'd brought out XXP6 first.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Default Buttons in web designer six

The short cut buttons in WD6 seem fixed as LARGE as the options in Control Bars> use large button> for are greyed out and ticked. Can anyone let me know if this is a fault in my installation or therefore deliberate? If deliberate then why are the options there but disabled I wonder?
    I dislike large buttons as they always appear to be aimed at infants.
    Derek

Hi

Only large buttons are available within Web Designer 6 so there is nothing wrong with your installation

Thanks

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Here is my first play around with some of the new features.

It works very well, but I had a bit of trouble readjusting to the layer gallery after using the lovely object galery in XXP.

Check it out.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Thread moved to Talk Web > Web Designer / Xtreme
    Please take care to post in the relevant forum - thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    Does this mean that Xtreme6 will be release in a month or so's time and if so will it contain all of WD6 as last time and more important will it be dark grey with out the options and tool bars we all are familiar with; and if so why?
    I doubt Xara will be removing the website creation abilities introduced with Xtreme 5. Some site designers require the additional tools available in Xtreme or Xtreme Pro.
    Also, I would expect the new colour UI to be exactly the same for XX6.
    I'm not sure what options and tool bars you considering are missing Derek??

As normal, you can customise these via Window>>Control Bars 'button palette'
    You can even remove the flyouts entirely if they aren't your cuppa tea (they aren'nt mine)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	button-palette.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	70788  

I'm not liking the grey either, I'd much more prefer the clean, XWD 5 type colouring.

Quote Originally Posted by bcire68 View Post
    Here is my first play around with some of the new features.

It works very well, but I had a bit of trouble readjusting to the layer gallery after using the lovely object galery in XXP.

Check it out.

Your button title "button start1" does not do anything not even a mouse over and the images in the gallery are pixelated in slideshow
    I know its only a test just thought I would mention it.

I quite like the grey makes it feel modern and sleek dont know what you mean by the big tool bar icons can you post a screen cappture heres mine below.

Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	icons.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	70789  

The gray look is the same as other Magix software, like Movie Edit Pro. I'm sure it's to make all the software look similar.

Jim