Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Site redesign - hoping for feedback

Hello,

I hope this is the right place to post this. I have received the daunting (for me) task of redesigning our company site (this time will be done in english too): www.redhost.ro (old version).

I have designed a sketch for the header here:

http://www.redhost.ro/header-english.gif (this is only the header - I know it's quite large)

Can anyone help me with some feedback? You can be as frank/cruel as you can...

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Site redesign - hoping for feedback

Welcome to the Forums
    You can be as frank/cruel as you can...
    In spite of your comments that the .gf is too large (I agree) so far I prefer the original and current site's design and layout.
    What has the customer told you they want?

Thread moved to Site Design and Publishing

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Welcome to the Forums
    In spite of your comments that the .gf is too large (I agree) so far I prefer the original and current site's design and layout.
    What has the customer told you they want?
    Thanks for your reply...I am sorry I have not replied sooner but I thought the forum would notify me upon a new post and as I have not received any notifications I thought there were no replies.

So my feeling that the new design (the large gif which eats much/most of the page's first screen) was a step backwards, was correct. Right?

We just thought it should be redone with more vivid design and with a more clear layout while laying some distance between this site and the casual hosting templates but still make it stand out somehow (it would be much simpler to pick some template especially I am not good at this but they all look so alike and ridiculous with those servers looking like plastic toys and SciFi gizmos).

I also wanted to add all/most the benefits of the offer into the red header and have it on all pages.

What do you think I should do?

Thanks and regards!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyB View Post
    Thanks for your reply...I am sorry I have not replied sooner but I thought the forum would notify me upon a new post and as I have not received any notifications I thought there were no replies.
    You can set the thread subscription options in your user control panel:

User CP>>Settings & Options>>Messaging & Notification>>Default Thread Subscription Mode