Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: WEB index

Default WEB index

I have published my web proyect but my site www.mydomain.com is not directed to my index page, I donīt konw what can I do to direct my domain to my index page. All the other pages works perfectly, and if I write www.mydomain.com/index.html it works but not if I go to my www.mydomain.com.
    Can anybody help me please ? What do I have to write in the first web page
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 23 March 2010 at 05:58 PM.

Default Re: WEB index

Hi Luis

Welcome to TG

You have 2 options

1. Change your index filename in your .web/.xar file to index.html and re-upload or

2. Contact your host admin to add index.htm to the list of default files to return if no file is specified.

Drwyd

Thanks Drwyd

I have upload from the first time in index.html mode like you tell me in the step 1, but it doesn't works.
    Do you think that it is a problem of the host admin that they have to change the name of the files? The hosting company is 1&1 and they don't Know how the web editor works
    Thanks

Luis

Luis,

www.mydomain.com is a domain name registrar and host, not your hosted webspace address.
    You must upload your site to the address your host gave you for your account with them, or if you have your own domain name registered by mydomain.com and have a hosting account for it, you must use your domain address for your publishing (upload) details.

If www.mydomain.com is yours, then this is spam.

Hmm, if www my domain com/index.html works then option one above should have solved the problem. See below for the screen shot of how I do it.

Make sure that you are uploading it to the correct folder. It will be named something like "htdocs" or "public"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LuisHTML.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	70735  
    Last edited by Drwyd; 23 March 2010 at 06:13 PM.

/index.html does not work Drwyd, it gives a 404 and redirects to the host root.

Luis is mistaken, see my post above.

Gotcha, thought he was being a non-spammer and substituting his real url

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    If www.mydomain.com is yours, then this is spam.
    Indeed.
    John.

make sure you do not have two main [index] pages. This can also stop you seeing your main page. I recently downloaded the free FileZilla that works with all OS and is a FTP to upload your files. It's magic as it gives you full control and lets you see what you got on your remote site. Good if you have to delete something there first before you upload new stuff.