Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Close button

Default Close button

Finally had time to try out the web design features. Very clever indeed. I'm even thinking on re-designing my existing Flash site using it :-)
    However....
    The close button on the pop-up photo feature is a little er...over the top.
    I know I can change it in the '_files' folder but is replaced every time I do a test. I don't suppose there is a way of doing this internally?

Actually there is a nice pop-up window on the Xara site that has a black cross in a circle on the upper right. - something like this would be just the ticket.

Default Re: Close button

You can create your own popup image using layers. In this way you can frame the image any way you like.
    You can add a close button by using the locking popup tweak available in Covoxers tweakset

Then there's always the Highslide Editor for even more cool factor

Demo of HighSlide in Xtreme 5

Hi Sleger
    Thanks for that. I like the Pop-up function in Xtreme as it loads the content in on demand. This would be pretty vital for large illustration galleries I think. I believe the pop-up layer doesn't do this?

Highside looks VERY groovy though. Is it easy to implement in Xara?

Yes, two placeholders.
    One named <head> for the .js and .css
    The other for the images.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	highslide-in-x5.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	70727  

Is the head tag on an invisible layer?

I'll have to look into this further. My site has quite a lot of swf's and FLV's which need to be put into galleries. The idea is to have a consistent visual style.

Thanks for the help. I'll need to go away and plan the site first and see which technique works best. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    Is the head tag on an invisible layer?
    No. The placeholder for the code which is inserted into the head section on export is simply a shape which has been given a label (name) of <HEAD> and placed on the pasteboard on the mouseoff layer..

(Note: I visually type <head> onto the shape and group the text with the shape before inserting the code, this just makes it easy for me to know what the placeholder is for when I go back to the file days/weeks/months later)

The Xara html filter reads the shape label name and knows that the code associated with it must be placed into the head section of the page.