Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Xara Xtreme 6

Default Re: Xara Xtreme 6

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    Should be soon (I hope).

You'll note there has been a lack of regular participation in forum by certain prominent members which indicates to me they are busy doing "other things".
    Perhaps the lack of regular participation in the forum by certain prominent members isn't a reflection on the Xara software, but on TG itself. Off the top of my head, we haven't heard from Geminiguy for a while, Ron Duke hasn't posted this year yet, Egg Bramhill and Ross Macintosh, to name but two moderators, haven't been prominent here for some time, ss-kalm and John Rayner are two more rareties, Burpee and myself aren't as regular as we were, for my part because of the predominance of the web-related threads, and even handrawn looks like he may have stopped visiting, at least that is how his last post appears to me (post #25 here three days ago)(come back, Steve - missing you already!).
    To me it doesn't seem to be Xara Xtreme - let's face it, it may not have improved in the vector tools department lately, but the program itself is still as good as it always has been. Perhaps it's just that TG doesn't have the attraction that it used to and coupled with the fact that as Xtreme isn't particularly innovative on the vector front at present means that there isn't so much to say about it lately. Let's hope V.6 addresses this.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

I noticed that post too ... say it's not so Steve!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

only three days and you miss me?

I'm touched

I'll be busy with CS5 for a while that's all..... I really do like the vector bristle brushes a lot - part of the appeal is the way they render in real time as you draw ['react'] and part is the pure vector transparency along stroke, and the effect this produces

I say this here so Xara can take note...[and I say that to stay on topic.. ]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

handrawn: Yes the vector bristle brushes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt_cK...eature=related) are amazing and lots of fun to work with. The speed isn't too bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    Perhaps the lack of regular participation in the forum by certain prominent members isn't a reflection on the Xara software, but on TG itself. Off the top of my head, we haven't heard from Geminiguy for a while, Ron Duke hasn't posted this year yet, Egg Bramhill and Ross Macintosh, to name but two moderators, haven't been prominent here for some time, ss-kalm and John Rayner are two more rareties, Burpee and myself aren't as regular as we were, for my part because of the predominance of the web-related threads, and even handrawn looks like he may have stopped visiting, at least that is how his last post appears to me (post #25 here three days ago)(come back, Steve - missing you already!).
    To me it doesn't seem to be Xara Xtreme - let's face it, it may not have improved in the vector tools department lately, but the program itself is still as good as it always has been. Perhaps it's just that TG doesn't have the attraction that it used to and coupled with the fact that as Xtreme isn't particularly innovative on the vector front at present means that there isn't so much to say about it lately. Let's hope V.6 addresses this.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Here! Here!

You're probably about right ... to me, I still use XX4 for me day-to-day work but it just doesn't really excite me so I don't post anything or haven't for a while - there's just no point - the whole thing seems stale to me.

I might jump over to Illustrator CS5 at some point. Especially if XX6 is just more slight alterations to things like layer gallery and no new vector tools.

From my point of view, much as it disappoints me when upgrades don't have much in that I want, that does not detract from the fact the Xtreme is still fast and easy to use for basic vector work.

I have bored you all with my view on how Xtremes functionality could be massively extended at a stroke and I cannot understand why that is not given serious consideration, but it has been ruled out and so we must live with what we get.

I will keep using Xtreme until something better comes along and I can't see anything better on the horizon yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostaw View Post
    handrawn: Yes the vector bristle brushes ......... are amazing and lots of fun to work with. The speed isn't too bad either.
    I don't think the video does them justice they are very 'artistic' and vector at the same time

But as Mark says - we have bored everyone on this topic re xtreme - que sera sera

EDIT to avoid going off topic: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...5&postcount=28
    Last edited by handrawn; 13 May 2010 at 08:10 AM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I don´t understand, i Can do most of the things even in Xara Xtreme v2, why xara wants to add to much features in Xtreme like the photo editor, to be honest is useless for most professionals, because Photoshop is the king in raster images, and illustrator is the most used and most popular vector software in the world and the most used for professionals, Dreamweaver is an amazing software to create website, and flash is also a magnificent software.

They have alor of plug-ins with excelent quality, the persormance is good in a middle-range computer, some professionals have fancy workstations so the performance is excelent.

The point its why make webdesigner so "complete" when they can use this time to make Xara Xtreme better, Have you use the pen tool in corel?, the pen tool in xara it´s not the best, I can do anything with the pen this tool but it can be better.

The navigation in xara extreme is excellent.
    Brushes can be improved.
    Performance
    Errors: sometimes the program stop working, and I hate when I list my work. They should have an auto save every 5-10 min a backup file.(native)
    Help file. It doesn’t look professional it looks like a manual made by someone who want to finish it ASAP.
    The export window: it’s a 500x600 pixels window, c'mon make it bigger make it full screen an add more features.
    The color bar and the color editor, illustrator rules here, maybe you disagree, but if you can ask for a student who never used xara and illustrator he will pick illustrator we can work with the color bar and the color editor fine, but it´s not the best.
    Alignment tool: we should have more options here like arrange an objet ath the side of other (not overlapped).
    The Text Tool is good for making brochures and most common works, its fine.
    Movies: Have you seen the movies in the magix website, i don’t care about the photostory cd/dvd photo for now, but i saw the complete movie and I was looking for magix/xtreme designer, it looks very nice and if I need a program like this I will chose this one. Xara make some movies for using the tools, a woman talking and explaining the tools of xara xtreme, even I can make it better, I can hire a girl with a excellent voice and say it "Just read this" clearly. And I make the video.
    The actual movies are good but they can be better.
    Text style: xara should be able to save some text styles, basic styles like shadow color fount and size. (As save a brush) right click over the text and apply style. So you will work faster and you can have your own styles.
    Line gallery: it look good but they should add more lines.
    Color gallery should have the color square/circle bigger.
    Font gallery: nice.
    Snap to objects doesn’t work with the pen tool if I select snap to objects the peen tool next point should be attracted for another point in another shape.
    Shadow tool: nice.
    Bevel tool: nice
    Zoom tool: nice

Interface: xara xtrme looks like an old software. If you will not imporve the interface dont make it worst like WD6 GUI, (Cancer for the eyes)

Name: I don’t care about the name but i read in the forum a post form someone (I don’t remember) who says Xtreme it´s not a professional name. and he it´s not wrong they can use the magix name Xara Graphic designer is fine.
    This is my point of view i love xtreme and is my primary tool. and it will be always.

To be fully honest Xara it´s not the nemesis of illustrator, illustrator it’s a titan and xara is a dwarf picking some flowers. In how many schools do you know about a xara xtreme class? or the worst part, in how many schools people knows Xara Xtreme!. at least most of the designer i know don’t know xara xtreme, meanwhile they are working with illustrator and corel draw.

Xara should be focus in what they need, they should print a REAL manual, with exercises and anything to learn xara from zero and goft some copies in the schools or sell this book at a low price. I know it’s a bussines but this will be an inversion, so if they use xara xterme and they know xara xtreme, they like ir and the next generation can learn xara Xterme in a class cause the students like it.
    But the true is they are teaching Illustrator, photoshop, Flash, Corel Draw, Corel Painter, 3D software. And where is xara?, Xara is kick-ass es better than illustrator or corel but for us. they need to spread the use of xara xtreme.

I dont know (i i dont care) if someone is mad with this opinion but it’s the true Xtreme need a little touch, and more attention in the important points. They should hire some professionals designers and see what they need to work they should EAR to the comunity they can enter in the illustrator forums and see what people wants and make it for xara before illustrator, this should be a war.

http://tv.adobe.com/go/4934/ vs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wTW257v8_o

http://img71.imageshack.us/i/12jp9.jpg/ vs http://news.dphotographer.co.uk/wp-c...ouTube_Web.png
    Xara is excellent but if xara can be better, just make it better.
    José.
    Last edited by Josè Campoy.; 13 May 2010 at 06:38 PM. Reason: links
    I can't stop of working.. I will have the eternity to rest
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.

Jose, unless you use all these programs for free (do you?), you shouldn't compare them just like that.

Besides, you have generalized some assumptions like professionals do this and that. As I had pointed out before on this thread, Xtreme is not supposed to directly compete with Illustrator. This is not possible and attempt to do so would mean our end as it happened with the Freehand for example. So we are looking for the markets not totally occupied by Adobe. And requirements of these markets are the answer to all your questions. All features introduces in Xtreme, including Web Designer version, are oriented for different market segments than anything Adobe has. Only this keeps us alive.

But if you use it for free, of course, this all makes no sense...
    Last edited by covoxer; 13 May 2010 at 06:52 PM.
    John.

I don´t have illustrator, corel, indesign, acrobat etc.

Licensed
    I use Xara Xtreme 4, dreamweaver MX (macromedia), swish Max 2 (current is 3).

In the school i get photoshop thanks to a teacher, the CS version.

Not licensed
    3D studio max 9 (yes for free its too expensive for me and here in mexico i can´t win 3k dollars easy.
    ´t
    Vray (the sme for 3ds max)

Also i use blender but this one is free.

To be honnest i dont feel bad if i use 3ds max for free because i just can´t pay for it.

Its like my school was ****!. and i study graphic arts not graphic design just because i cant pay the school for graphic designers i dont fell less than the graphic designers maybe my carrer is for press and for work at the side of a maching printing some newspapers and magazing, mixing some paint to match a color, but i wont.

So if xara have the power to batle face to face with illustrator why they dont make it?, just think BIG.

When i was 18 i love Pixia (freeware) I try freehand also, and that was all i need just pizia, now its xara and is the best.

I don´t try to make xara less just if you can make it better you have the skills and now the magix support.

I dont have a paper who say "im a graphic designer and i finish in a grat school", ok i go witha new client and show my work and if he like he will hire me, but if i send the resume and he compare my resume, not my work with the resume of a graphic designer who have a great school, some adober certifications, extra studies. he will not call me back never. so i need to show what i do. Its the same here If you took a teenager and you show the power of xara and the power of illustrator. he will say ok xara its fast and easy to use, and i can use xara in my 2001 pc. And its a lot cheaper than illustrator i will use xara.
    Last edited by Josè Campoy.; 13 May 2010 at 07:52 PM.
    I can't stop of working.. I will have the eternity to rest
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.