Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Stretching header banners

I've just been looking at the latest 'Outsider' online newsletter and followed the link below to an example of a Xara created site.

http://www.isbl.org.br

Can anyone suggest how to create a banner header (and is it possible to include a menu) that stretches agross the width of the screen such as the one in this site?

Default Re: Stretching header banners

It's not a stretchy banner. It's a tiled background image.

See attached for clues.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the help.

I get the gist of it - but it seems a bit of trial and error involved as to where the bitmap tiles - or is it possible to set the background so it doesn't tile.

Difficult to explain what I'm getting at, but if you have a site page, say 750 pix. deep and you only want the background bitmap to fill left and right of the page, so your site appears to be 'centred' on screen. Is it possible to stop the bitmap tiling below the page depth of 750 pix.

Xara web pages are always centered by default.

The example above is a bitmap sized the full length of the page, this is the easiest way to achieve the result seen in that example.
    If you have a smaller image which you don't want to tile over the full page, there are tweaks and CSS to control this.