Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Help, I can't get the drop shadow tool in Corel 9 to work out properly in the printed document.
    1) the copy over the object is broken up
    2) the copy over the shadow is broken up
    3) the shadow leaves a faded box where the shadow should be this is over a background, it does not happen on a white background.

Pleeez help me, Miriam

miriamt@mountaincable.net
    IP

Help, I can't get the drop shadow tool in Corel 9 to work out properly in the printed document.
    1) the copy over the object is broken up
    2) the copy over the shadow is broken up
    3) the shadow leaves a faded box where the shadow should be this is over a background, it does not happen on a white background.

Pleeez help me, Miriam

miriamt@mountaincable.net
    IP

Miriam

I think I remember reading about this in the old i/us conference about 18 months ago.

If memory serves it is only a problem with certain printer drivers. I can't remember how the problem was resolved.

Some issues with printer drivers were resolved with service packs 1 & 2 for Draw 9 but I don't recall seeing this particular problem mentioned in the fixes.

Can you give some details of the printer and printer driver version you are using.

Peter
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

Does anybody remember a discussion a while back about drop shadows not printing correctly when printing CMYK and the solution was overprinting the black plate or something similar? I think the response might have come from Ziggy but I couldn't find it with a search. I just got a proof back and the shadow looks washed out with a slight halo.

This is in Draw 9 BTW.
    IP