Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Internet store with XWD?

This will probably be a dumb question, but can we make an internet store with WD? Is there a template or a way to integrate another page to our already made website?

I tried a search and nada.

Thanks

Default Re: Internet store with XWD?

There are no internal tools or support for ecommerce or shopping carts in WD 5.
    However, you can use placeholders to import code from third party shopping cart sites like 'Cartfly' 'Google Checkout' and others.

I rin a couple of E-Commerce sites for a couple of my clients, both sites were designed in Xara and work brilliantly.

The first is done with plain old simple Paypal Buy Now Buttons and Paypal Shopping Cart really easy ti incorporate into a Xara site via a HTML placeholder, this is for a florist with over 130 pages now and works brilliantly.

The second needed to be a bit more indepth, with customer accounts and reports so I have the main HTML site designed in Xara then I run OSCommerce backend as the shopping cart simple links from the main HTML product pages to OSCommerce work fine.

Depends on what you are selling and how indepth the a shopping cart you want, the simple way is the Paypal, Nochex, Google Checkout buttons very easy to do.

Hope that helps

Chris

Thanks Guys, I didnt think about the placeholder option. I will give this a try and post back later. My site will only sell a couple things so this should not be complicated....I hope