Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default making link buttons and reapeating them

xtreme 5 - i have made some link buttons for forward and back on each page can i use repeat on all pages fro top layer and mouse over layer bearing in mind that each button will have a different link to a different page or do i have ot make a copy of each on the top page and mouse over page so that all links are seperate to seperate images?

thanks

Default Re: making link buttons and reapeating them

Hello and welcome to the forums

OK I may be wrong here if I am I am sure soemone will chime in and let you know

As long as the mouse off and mouse over layers are grouped you should be able to simply repeat on all pages the image, to begin with just set the forwarding URL to anything so you get the functionality working on all pages, the the only way I can think would be to go into the web properties for each button and set the link manually, you dont have to type the full http:www.blablabla there is a drop down menu entitled something along the lines of "ink to page" in the web properties section.

That is waht I can think of right now as said there may be another way keep an eye on the thread.

best wishes

Chris

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Hi Scruffy,

You could definately follow Chris' suggestion and it would work.

However, if I were trying to do what you are doing I would use a slightly different method to avoid confusion with repeating objects.
    After creating the buttons on the first page, I would copy them, click on the new page and paste in place (Ctrl+Shift+V), and repeat that for each page that you want the buttons on. Then I would go back and change the links for each button as Chris describes, with the link to page option.

My only fear would be that if you made a change to a repeating object, you might populate those changes all the way through your document. This may be completely unfounded, and I would need to do some tests to be sure.

In any case there are usually multiple ways of accomplishing the same end result in Xara.

Good luck,
    Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by scruffy.thedog View Post
    i have made some link buttons for forward and back on each page
    If these buttons use the "<Next page>" and "<Previous page>" options from the "Link to page" drop-down on the "Link" tab of the Web propertied dialog, then yes, you can repeat it on all pages. These links are automatically set to the proper next or previous page names.
    John.

thanks will go for next page and previous page seems easier for me