Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Web Studio

Default Web Studio

I bought WebStudio 5 a few months ago. IT SUCKS BIG TIME!!!! Since I have 3 site partially built it it, can I transfer stuff over to XARA? Are they compatible? I am not a computer guy, I am just learning and know nothing about html.

Default Re: Web Studio

Xara Web Designer or Xara Xtreme are not html editors and cannot import web sites built with other web builder applications, in fact Xtreme and Web Designer cannot even import it's own built and exported html web sites (only it's own .web and .xar project files).
    However, you can import all the graphics from other sites and re built the layout and links ect.

Thanks for the help.

Hello and welcome to the forums.

As Sledger says there is now way to do this but dont be worried about that.................

To re-build the 3 sites in Xara especially partially built ones should not take a lot of time at all, in fact with the built in templates you may just get a nice surprise and do a complete re-design in no time at all.

If you sites are just basic say 5 page or so site for the moment it is not unusual for someone new to Xara to be able to knock a complete site out in a metter of hours seriously for someone with limited web design knowledge this software is ace, with its easy to use drag and drop you will be away in no time.

I would reccomend downloading the trial for Xara.com then you will have a full 15 days to play with it before having to purchase, I bet with a bit of time and watching some of the many tutorial videos and some help from these forums you could have all 3 designed and up and running in that time

Hope that helps

Chris