Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Xara Web Designer Newcomer

Nice site, Spreadz. The new graphics liven it up.

I noticed something on the Also See page that was puzzling . The "then let us know" link actually has two links: one to the contact page and the other to the "thank you for your payment" page.

You talked in your first post about a .php guestbook, but I couldn't find that one on this site.

Thanks for pointing out the link mix-up - now sorted.

I disabled the .php guestbook because it was standing empty. It was giving me the creeps to be honest ~ a bit like not getting a card on my birthday or a feeling of being Billy-No-Mates. That's not because I'm looking for sympathy, but given a choice of no guest book, or an empty guest book, my thoughts were that no book was the preferred option.

Faced with the prospect of
    (a) filling the book with fictitious entries from invented visitors (not my style)
    or (b) collating feedback gained via usual email contacts to maybe give the visitor book a "kick start" before going live with it.

So it is not abandoned entirely, just on hold and not currently accessible from the main menu. It is still there on http://www.uk-neural.net/guestbook.htm but feeling rather sorry for itself, unloved and lonely

spreadz

Makes sense. An empty guestbook sort of shows any new visitor that there's probably not much of interest to discuss. Not very good promotion for your own site. Thanks for the explanation and link.