Hi BHD and welcome to Talk Graphics.

I think that you are misreading Sledger's post. Far from anyone trying to patronize you, what I think Sledger was doing was giving ChrisBro a gentle reminder of the rules of the forum.

"One aim of TalkGraphics is to share methods and techniques on how to create a graphic or an animated gif. Unfortunately we get many requests from new members requesting that such images be created with no input from themselves. We will not do this. We do not do "Free".

However members are more than willing to help a newbie create whatever they are trying to achieve by themselves through guidance and example. If you're not interested in doing it yourself, don't ask for it to be done for you! If you're willing to learn you'll find plenty of help.
"

Again this was pointed at ChrisBro (as it was addressed to Chris) and even then it was more of a nudge than a hammer of retribution coming down.

I've been active in these forums since 2000 and I've rarely seen much flaming going on. With this forum it is generally safe to assume that the sender meant something nice before you assume something the other way around.

Please don't take this post as mean-spirited either as it isn't meant that way. I only hope to help smooth any ruffeled feathers you might have.

I look forward to seeing you post more in the forums.

Eric