Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Default Re: Cost of making comics

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=29089

How do we shadow people`s faces like Markmywords did on his avatar and in Confessions?

thanks
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 28 March 2010 at 03:29 AM. Reason: no need to quote the preceding post in full

Quote Originally Posted by woodwater View Post
    I think i found the trick. Do sketches with pencil, import, then use the freehand in the colors we want to color the comics and use some of the highest thicknesses,like 16 or 48.After coloring we draw the black lines and finally do the ectangles with pen tool. This is what I did with the Alix comic. Any suggestions?
    Take a look at Paul's tutorial:
    http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest62/index.html
    ~Fred

http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest62/3.html

Hi where Paul says this:

"
    You will now see that there is a white rectangle behind the trace. Select the rectangle and delete it."

When I select the white rectangle i cant delete it. It says "delete shape" but that deletes the whole drawing laving just the orange background
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 28 March 2010 at 03:29 AM. Reason: no need to quote the preceding post in full

Here it is
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 28 March 2010 at 03:31 AM. Reason: no need to quote your own preceding post.. wtf!?

WW,

Did you use the Bitmap Tracer Tool (Utilities > Bitmap Tracer) to vectorize the bitmap of Paul's pirate? If you did there should be a white rectangle behind the vectors. If you're just trying to delete the rectangle behind the imported picture/bitmap before running the tracer it will delete the entire drawing.

It doesn't even look like you used the photo tool to adjust the brightness, contrast and sharpness of the imported scan as detailed on page 1 of the tutorial.

IHTH,
    Harry
    Last edited by HayTay; 27 March 2010 at 08:16 PM.

Man,man,man. Woodwater, what you have in your xar file is a shape filled with Bitmap, you must trace this bitmap (the photo of the pirate) at first in the bitmap Tracer, realy Woodwater before you start to draw any thing in Xtreme you must learn the Xtreme Tools and how you use it, Advice from me, and you must know the different between Bitmap and Bitmap Fill. and how you trace a Bitmap.
    Regards BP
    Im in love with Xara X / BP
    Friends, I apologize for my broken English
    My TG Albums: http://www.talkgraphics.com/album.php?u=20432

I usd it first. Maybe i have forgotten something. Let me check..
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 28 March 2010 at 03:31 AM. Reason: no need to quote the preceding post in full

Sorry. I did all again as they explain and the white rectangle doesnt delete.Dont know whats wrong
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 28 March 2010 at 03:31 AM. Reason: no need to quote the preceding post in full

have you ungrouped the trace - as Paul instructs?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

This is what happens when I ungroup.click on the pirate and see how it looks.Blurred Then when i select the hat the entire pirate is selected not just the hat. Odd!1
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: xar nn.xar (419.7 KB, 134 views)