Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Menu Buttons will not forget?

A Xara software owner for a good while now, but just getting around to re-doing a web design. Very early in the experience I'm puzzled, so can anyone shed light on what's going on with my menu buttons?
    A big black pop-up appears behind some of the buttons when the mouse is over (when using preview and if published to the web). Weirdly the pop-ups appears to have *memory* of what the button text used to be before I amended them.
    However, if I move the 7 buttons en bloc to say a central position below the proposed banner space, all appears well.

This Xara rookie is very confused.

spreadz
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Menu Buttons will not forget?

All fixed, I did it in Xara Xtreme 5 which is slighlty different that web designer so far as having an object gallery rather than a layer gallery so can provide you with any screenshots to show you exactly what was wrong however you basically had the 2 black mouseovers on the mouseover layer I cant for the life of me remember how you bring this up in web designer and no lnger have the software installed so hopefully someone else will come along and tell you more but I have deleted these for you and now the navbar works in preview as it should.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I have Xtreme 4, would I be able to access to the same facilities for this task as you did with v5?

spreadz

Yes, in WD just unhide the mouseover layer and you will see the stray objects.

See movie:

FULLSCREEN or DOWNLOAD 270kb

I have Xtreme 4, would I be able to access to the same facilities for this task as you did with v5?
    Xtreme 4 would not be suitable at all, it lacks the object layers that Xtreme5 has and is not forwards compatible to future versions of Xtreme or software which didn't exist (Web Designer was post Xtreme 4)

OK After checking properly I do still have Web Designer installed so this is what I did:

see attachment 1 and open up the layer gallery its the icon that looks like pieces of paper stacked on top of each other.

activate the mouseover layer by puting a tick in the box under the eye icon on the mouse over layer, you can now see the 2 boxes that you need to get rid of.

Click on the mouse over layer itself see attachment 2 you are now editing that actual mouse over layer.

Click on your boxes one at a time that you need to delete to be through move them to the middle of the page to make sure you have the correct image selected then simply delete them see attachment 3

Finally click back on the mouse off line you are now back to editing the "normal" mousee off layer, then if you click the box under the eye icon on the mouse over layer repeatedly you can see how you mouse overs will look.

Preview, save, export upload

Should all work fine now

Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cp1.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	70568   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cp2.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	70569  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cp3.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	70570   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cp4.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	70571  

Sledger beat me didn't even think of video well done old chap

I have also attached the web designer file from my last post for you

Chris

Thanks for that. I also cross-checked by loading the offending file into Xtreme4, and it did allow me to view the problem, then make & save the appropriate changes.

As a secondary item . . . why do I get "Program not registered for .WEB files" every time I open the program, despite my responding positively to the offer to register now?

spreadz

Make certain you place a tick in the checkbox so that the program does not ask again.