Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default xaras extrude tool is really confusing me!

hi. im trying to create a tank, well you know the shape drawing method where you use shapes to get an idea of your drawing perspective well please tell me why when i create a rectangle extrude and copy and paste it when i line it up it looks completely off angle? normaly in a 3d program when you make a copy of a shape, it doesnt go out of perspective...

Default Re: xaras extrude tool is really confusing me!

been reading old threads... is ths a knownproblem that xara 3d tool goes out of perpective? i just got a free copy of xara 3d from buying xara.

Default Re: xaras extrude tool is really confusing me!

Quote Originally Posted by Clear80 View Post
    normaly in a 3d program when you make a copy of a shape, it doesnt go out of perspective...
    Xara Xtreme is not a 3D program, this is perhaps where your thinking needs adjusting, it's simply includes a fun tool for extruding 2D shapes to give them a 3D appearance.
    Objects which you have 'extruded' do not necessarily go out of perspective, each is governed by the action of the extrude tool settings on the info bar or how you 'mouse' them.
    Having said that, it is possible to manipulate each object with a degree of accuracy and line them up to form a a 3D model.
    See Gary's Rubik's Cube tutorial as an example
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 21 March 2010 at 12:11 AM.