Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default error message for exporting

I am getting an error message when i export and preview
    have attached a screen shot

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error message.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	70534  
    Life's too important to be serious
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    / Dual Monitor. / Windows 7 Home premium 64bit .

Default Re: error message for exporting

Exclamation Re: error message REvisited:plus

I read the FAQ regarding this issue and use "Admin" to open WD6. This now enables preview and export, but I still have access problems. The "get fills" will not function and results in an error message that shuts me down. It seems that any "external" request causes an error and closes the program. I sent the debug/filter report to Xsupport but am wondering what else may be wrong. I did two clean uninstalls with no change in results. Dropping an swf into a placeholder shuts the program down with no message at all. Not having much luck with tweaking....

HELP please!?

BTW: WD5 also required me to log in as admin, BUT once in I had no problem with any of the above issues. Same pc w/IE8 and Win7 32. What changed??
    Should WD5 have been overwritten or removed prior to downloading 6? I kept it since some of WD5's design items did'nt appear in version 6.

Default Re: error message REvisited:plus

Hello and welcome to the forums

OK the get fills is a problem and Xara are aware of this, so sit tight with this one Im sure there will be a resolution quickly.

You should not have any problems inserting flash via a placeholder, in fact I did this yesterday in 1 of my client site that was originally designed in WD5, I did it all in WD6 and it saved, exported and uploaded via standalone FTP with no issues.

It may be easier for some of the more technically minded people to help you if you can attach a copy of your .web file to the thread.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the forum welcome and your reply!

The web file you refer to - is that the setup file, debug/filter file or a file of WD6 working pre-crash?

The fill issue is not of paramount importance yet but the rest of the functions that are resulting in critical access violation error messages are stressing me out.

In the meantime, here is the debug/filter file. Please let me know what other info would be helpful.

Many thanks!

Cliff

Edit- screenshot swf/placeholder error upon hitting "browse", NO flash even open yet. (sorry image is small...you get the drift)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flash_ placeholder.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	70915  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Xlogic; 28 March 2010 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Add swf screenshot

Default Revisit from MikeR post: "Unable to find the filter to import that file with"

Sorry to take this to new thread, BUT post was buried. Sledger referenced this link from March 14, http:// http://www.talkgraphics.com/...ad.php?t=42597

I read the FAQ regarding this issue and use "Admin" to open WD6. This now enables preview and export, but I still have access problems. The "get fills" will not function and results in an error message that shuts me down. It seems that any "external" request causes an error and closes the program. I sent the debug/filter report to Xsupport but am wondering what else may be wrong. I did two clean uninstalls with no change in results. Dropping an swf into a placeholder shuts the program down with no message at all. Not having much luck with tweaking....

HELP please!?

BTW: WD5 also required me to log in as admin, BUT once in I had no problem with any of the above issues. Same pc w/IE8 and Win7 32. What changed??
    Should WD5 have been overwritten or removed prior to downloading 6? I kept it since some of WD5's design items did'nt appear in version 5.

Next post:

The fill issue is not of paramount importance yet but the rest of the functions that are resulting in critical access violation error messages are stressing me out. Replacing bitmaps, saving files and other functions that try to "connect" with non WD6 "internal" functions are instantly freezing the program. Ctrl+Alt+Del is the only way out and of course this wastes the time put into the session. The auto-save function operates properly but ask for "options" in various menus shuts it down with NO serious error message.

In the meantime, here is the debug/filter file. Please let me know what other info would be helpful.

Many thanks!

Cliff

swf/placeholder error upon hitting "browse", NO flash even open yet and program locks up.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry Cliff, I don't consider your post#3 then post#5 as being 'buried'.
    Certainly not enough to take an already open thread and repeat it anew.
    Hang in there and you will get more suggestions

Threads merged.

Hi Cliff,

Web Designer saves files as .web which is a form of the Xara .xar file format.

The file Chris asked you to attach to a post is the .web file you created within Web Designer 6 to make your web page. This is also your project file and must be retained if you ever want to edit your web page(s).

Please attach the Web Designer file (.web) so it can be examined to determine what may be causing the error.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Mike

Echo Soquili it is the .web file that is needed.

Sorry I did not realise you had replied to this thread.

Chris

Thanks for replying!

I can not send a web for several reasons, first, when I click SAVE AS the access violation error dialog box appears and to add insult to injury when I select EXPORT the WD6 screen vanishes without even being kind enough to generate a error dialog box.

I'm only able to generate dump reports such as the ones attached.

Many thanks!

Cliff

At this point I'm simply creating one page test standard WD6 templates. Nothing fancy.... so it's not some convoluted site being put together.