Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: linking pages

Question linking pages

I am making a website with Xtreme Magic and want to make a link to another external website (eg www.xara.com) but I want to open within a part of my homepages.

I think a button, which I tell you that when you press on it, link to a rectangle that I created for the web within the display.

In the rectangle can not make it open the web www.xara.com and always open to any page, not inside the rectangle.

How can I do? thanks

Default Re: linking pages

Hello and welcome to the forums....

If I am readin your post correctly you are trying to achieve a "mini" browser window insode one fo your pages??

Chris

Welcome to TalkGraphics Professor

This Xara Xone Workbook on Pseudo Frames might be what you are looking for.

Great link that Gary and wow how easy mmmmmmm brain working overtime already

thanks

Chris

Yes the iframe approach has been well documented and discussed many many times at TG and nicely summarised and laid out by Gary at the Xone. Remember however that using iframes to display remote content in your pages in not Search Engine friendly for your site.

Example of using an iframe for the body content of a Xara Xtreme created web page and a select menu to load alternative remote pages into the same frame.

Nice experiment there Steve, in fact really nice the possibilites with this are endless literally especially from an affiliate point of view I will have to have a play with this oooppppssss batton down the hatches lots of iframe questions on the way lmao

Chris

Thank you for all