Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'm thinking about supplementing my income with my abilities in Adobe Photoshop. Who out there is doing this and how did you get started.
    What type of freelance do you do? ( web work, touch up, or custom)

I have about 2 years experience with Adobe. I know enough to think about freelancing but know just enough to know I have to specialize in one area.
    Can you help?

toybox@pa.net
    IP

Retouching photos for your family and friends.

If you do a good job, they will send new clients.

Print shops without prepress are a good resource, as well as photography studios.
    IP

This time of year, with photography a big thing, it seems you could do well with Photoshop skills if photo refinishing is a strong point.

Create some business cards, attend the free Chamber of Commerce mixers, and pass them out. Also look for networking groups. here in San Diego, there's a networking group called Le Tip whose sole function is for the members to provide leads ("TIPS") to each other. I was a member for two years and did quite well at it while I was active. Only one person from each line of work is allowed per club.

Example: If you are a web designer, and you try to join a club, you won't be able to join that particular chapter, if there is already a web designer in that club. You'll have to try another one of the chapters in the local area until you find one where that spot is free.

Le Tip is not by any stretch of the imagination the only organization of that type. I did OK as I said, and in the first year I got my entry fee back ten fold at least. ($345)

Paul Brustas
    www.brustasconsulting.com
    www.cdbizzcard.com
    IP