Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Corel draw, get data from excel into a text field

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get data from excel and place it in a textfield?
    I mean that I have to make some business cards and I want corel to automatically take data from an excel sheet and enter it in the proper position in text fields.

Thank you!
    IP

Default Re: Corel draw, get data from excel into a text field

Try this.

1) Select the field(s) in the Excel spreadsheet.

2) In Corel, select "Edit" > "Paste Special"

3) Select "Picture (Enhanced Metafile)"

This will paste in a grouped object which you may then ungroup and manipulate at will.

Simply copying and pasting the cells from Excel to Corel will only produce a non-editable object in Corel. When this object is doubled clicked it invokes Excel allowing changes to the data. Once saved, the changes are updated to your object in Corel.

I hope this works. Good luck!
    IP

Thank you, for your reply, but it doesn't work.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by A_AZAZEL_A View Post
    Thank you, for your reply, but it doesn't work.
    Sorry to hear that.

I tried it here (Corel 12) before responding to you and it worked OK. Maybe I'm not accurately interpreting what you're wanting to accomplish.
    IP

Hello A_AZAZEL_A,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

I believe what you want to accomplish is called Merging Files.

Check the Help for your version of CorelDraw.

The following is a quote from the help file for CorelDraw X4:
    Merging files

CorelDRAW lets you combine text from a data source with a drawing. When you merge documents, you produce several different copies of a drawing. Each copy contains specific information from a record in a data source, such as a text file or an ODBC data source (a Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Access file).
    When you merge documents, you combine a form document and a data source. A form document provides the pattern and layout for a merged document. A data source supplies information for a drawing during the merge. CorelDRAW supports the following data source files: Text (TXT) files, comma-separated values (CSV) files, Rich Text Format (RTF) files, and files that can be opened by means of an ODBC data source.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Thank you very much!!!
    IP

I need to make a multi-language document-generating system. The text content (but not the graphics) changes regularly so updating in all languages is a problem.
    I would like to store the text content in a MySQL database then have COREL automatically generate a PDF for each language after updates. Can Corel MailMerge do this? Can I use VBA or a command-line instruction to do this, so that the document generation is automated?

Many thanks in advance.
    IP

i would use libreoffice , to be honest

http://www.libreoffice.org/
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by A_AZAZEL_A View Post
    Hi there,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get data from excel and place it in a textfield?
    I mean that I have to make some business cards and I want corel to automatically take data from an excel sheet and enter it in the proper position in text fields.

Thank you!
    I know this is an older post but I am having a problem with this. I can use data merge in CD X7 just fine but I want to also bring in a specific image for each file being created. I am creating "Player Stat Overlays" from a CSV file. I have images of each player so I can put the path to the image in the CSV file. Is there a way to populate that image into each new file being created during the data merge? I will have to create these before each game so it would be impossible for me to paste a players image into the overlay one by one, game after game. Thanks for any help!!
    IP