Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Flash file problems in Xtreme

I've made 3 flash files in Xtreme, made place holders on my site page and named them to correspond with the flash file names.

When I preview the site, nothing of the movies show up - the flash files don't load. If I go to the exported site files and open the index page and navigate to the page where the files are supposed to be they do appear in place on the page - but any movement of the mouse simply makes them disappear!

Refreshing the page brings them instantly back, but only to vanish when the mouse is moved.

Can anyone suggest what I may have done wrong?

Default Re: Flash file problems in Xtreme

'Preview' will not work until you have exported to the HDD at least once.
    Also, flash files may not play due to IE security for local flash files.

made place holders on my site page and named them to correspond with the flash file names.
    This doesn't *sound* right - perhaps it's just the way you explained it?
    Once you draw a placeholder, the .swf file is assigned to it via 'Web Properties>>Placeholder>>Replace with Flash'

Is this how you've done it?

Quote Originally Posted by paul051058 View Post
    Can anyone suggest what I may have done wrong?
    Not easily without seeing your file, can you attach it?

Sledger,

Forgive my limited knowledge problems - I seem to have to make flash files about once every 6 months, so it's always the case that I forget the processes and as all the help files I use relate to earlier Xara releases (I'm on Xtreme Pro5), the ways of doing things seem to be always evolving.

I have my flash files prepared, saved, previewed and working in the flash viewer. I then make a placeholder on my web page to the dims. of the movie (in this case 580 x 80 pix). I've tried all manner of means to get the placeholder to swap for the flash file, but nothing works.

Using an old help file, I've tried naming the placeholder SWFObject"filename.swf" going to Utilities/Placeholder/replace with flash and finding filename.swf and clicking apply.

As this process is failing - can someone - in very simple terms explain the process that does work?

Seems I forgot all about the Layer gallery and which layer the files were being saved to. Take them out of the 'Mouse Over' layer and it works a treat!

Ah yes, always pays to make sure which layer you currently have selected, I too get caught on occasion
    (I have always thought that the active/selected layer could be indicated on the canvas in some subtle but identifiable way, perhaps a pasteboard colour change or some such)
    Good to see you found your problem.