Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Repel Text in XWD

Can't seem to get the repelling functionality to work. In XWD, I created a text area, then copied some text into that area and changed font size. Then I imported a jpeg image, set it to Repel Text Under, and dragged it into the same rectangle I have the text area in. Won't repel the text under the image. What is the sequence for doing this properly - or what else do I need to do to get this working?

Default Re: Repel Text in XWD

Hello

It sounds like you have your jpg on a layer underneath your text, the image to do the repelling has to be on top, so selcet your image using the left mouse button then goto the arrange menu, if move to layer in front is available cick on this then goto arrange again and click on move to front, if the mive to layer in front is not available just click on bring to front.

THis should solve your problem if not post back with your .xar file attached for us to look at

hope that helps

Chris

Thanks a heap! That did it.

No problem Glad I could be of some help

best wishes

Chris

Funny that I have the same issue, but am not able to solve it.
    I have text in three columns and want to overlay an additional text field from design gallery, repelling the text in one of the columns. The text field is definitely on top, but doesn´t repel.
    What can I do?

OsCor

Hello by memory anything from the design gallery already repels. Can you attach your .XAR file for me to have a look

thanks

Chris

Here it is in the upper right corner on first page:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Column 2 and 3 of your text has 20pix text repelling applied to them. This is incorrect.
    Text repel should only be set to object *above* text, not the text itself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	no-repel-on-text.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	70339  

Ok I have fixed it see attach I can give you a great reason why though, as all I dis was to copy your text in the 3rd column paste it into a text line rather than box deleted the old text moved the new one into place, the on the design element clicked on that then arrange bring to front and hey presto it worked.

I can only presume it was something to do with the text box you created for the 3rd column of text, the box itself was set to repel at 20px and no matter what I did I could not undo it.

Hey its working now Hopefully someone more knowledgable than me will chime in with an explanation that makes some sense

Also noticed that now the text in the first column will repel and after replacing the 3rd column text that will now as well, but the text in the 2nd wont so whatever was wrong with the third is also wrong with the second.

best wishes

Chris

EDIT

Sledger beat me to it I now understand as well ;(

Chris
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBro View Post
    ... all I dis was to copy your text in the 3rd column paste it into a text line rather than box
    I'll assume you mean a text 'column' Chris? (Draw a line with the text tool and entered text wraps to the length of that line creating a colum)
    A simple line of text with hard returns does not repel.