Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

My Epson 800 printer always does a lousy job printing my Painter images ... i have experimented with all the different options ... and am still not happy ... and it frequently does that banding thing... any happy printer stories out there? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    IP

My Epson 800 printer always does a lousy job printing my Painter images ... i have experimented with all the different options ... and am still not happy ... and it frequently does that banding thing... any happy printer stories out there? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    IP

hi digital,

somehow it seems appropriate to suggest the digital-finearts list at Yahoo! Groups. If your name was painter, I'd have to suggest the painter-finearts list but there probably isn't one so it's a good thing your name is digital. (I'm punchy!)

Seriously, they are all about digital fine art, printing it, and all the other stuff you'd expect. I'll bet you'd find some answers there.

I don't know much at all about printers, sorry.

Good luck,

Jinny Brown
    http://www.pixelalley.com
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

dig'

what dpi are you printing at?

i found that for some time i was unable to print at 360 dpi because of banding. but since the new drivers, no banding. also you may need a servicing. epson printers are designed for volume printing and printer nozzles can get clogged. i've had it happen to me. otherwise try some 720dpi prints and see what happens. epsons are great, i love my 1200. prints super.

keep us posted!

stecyk66
    IP

Try the head cleaning routine, sometimes several times. There is an Epson users list,
    epson-inkjet@yahoogroups.com
    inkingsñ
    IP

might want to check out this at
    http://www.russellbrown.com/
    Russell who is th head Adobe evangelist.
    Has a tip this month on using Epson printers.
    If you use Photoshop always check out Russell's site he is a real nut. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    IP

Mr Wiser,

Hi,

I just bought an epson 1290 yesterday, I have plowed through the excellent calibration section in Photoshop 6 (New Riders) a number of times. It's the best I've seen so far but still not good enough.

I have just had a quick look at the site you posted and it's easy to see that it is exactly what I need.

Thanks for posting it. It is gems like this that keep me on these forums through all the hard times.

thelonious
    IP