Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Can't publish site?

Hi
    I can't publish a site I designed with Web Designer to a FTP hosted by Go Daddy. I have the site address/password/etc correct. It loads up to about 99 percent then times out or I get an error. Has anyone else tried this and is there something special I need to do ?? Thanks for any help !

Default Re: Can't publish site?

Hey Bamfer,

What are you using to post your website? Do you use a standalone ftp program?

Version of Xtreme? Is it updated?
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Unhappy Re: Can't publish site?

same thing is happening to me. at the end of the upload process it triggers error message 3907.k.xp.gn for XARA 5.1.1 and error message 3912.k.xp.gn for XARA 5.1.2

The error started last time i added content to my web page, which is done every week. For some reason the publishing of the web site runs and the web page is uploaded, but it leaves errors in pages that we previously perfectly uploaded.
    In this case i'm missing simple standard white rectangle background from some of my pages. This is a business page, www.btprocessing.com, and at this point i can no longer work with XARA until my problem is resolve since i can't upload new content.

Editing has not produced any errors besides some "out of memory" error messages, 511.k.pu.op and 1521.w.sr.em. Editing or saving errors come ocationally.

I'm begining to think that the size of my web page has reached the limits of the hardware to upload. I have tryed dedicating the system memory to the upload by shutting down programs and processes, including anti virus and i have monitor the performance and usage of memory and CPU thoughout the upload process.

The web page file is 20MB in the desktop and it is requiering 2GB of memory just to run the XARA. It jumps to 2.8GB of memory during upload and CPU stays between 50% and 60% while uploading.

Default Re: Can't publish site?

Welcome to the forums.

I suggest that use an FTP client to manage your uploads.
    FileZilla is popular, efficient and free.
    With an FTP client you have a UI for remote file management which WebDesigener and Xtreme do not.