Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default View File Name of Imported Pic?

Is there a way to view the complete file name of an imported photo object in Web Designer? The only file info I can find is truncated for long file names. I have more than 300 photos supplied to me by a client and I need to be able to quickly select the photo on a page and identify it. If it's more than 20 or so characters the file name is truncated, and she has added the identifying info to the end of the name, i.e., sequence numbering.

Default Re: View File Name of Imported Pic?

Web Designer and Xtreme 5 do not use the original jpg photo file name when exporting to websites. Instead they use a numerical system which creates files named as 0.jpg / 1.jpg / 2.jpg
    Vector shapes and buttons are exported similarly but use the .png file type.

The Bitmap Gallery will list the files used in the web publication using the original names.
    I'm not sure where you are seeing truncated names?

When composing a page in WD, if you select the photo object, the source file name appears at the bottom of the window on the status window, like this:

1 clipped photo '1968 330 Long Sun Front ...' (314 dpi) on layer MouseOff:

The client has provided the files with long file names, but the actual photo number is at the very end of the file name, in this case "330 Long Sun Front Full Shot-01.jpg".

Ah yes, that's right - I must confess I rarely look there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	truncated-names.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	70130

Unfortunately there's nothing that can be done to change this at a user level.
    It's not related to available screen space either, my 1920 pixel wide resolution makes no difference.
    A popup tool-tip could be an answer?

I take it WD does not have a name gallery? [you can see the full name of a selected bitmap there in xtreme]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

No there is no name gallery.

Correct - no name gallery in WD.