Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Howdy Folks! I am a newbie [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I am not a graphics professional and I don't know much about digital graphics. I am working on this site (my hobby project) that explains people about various exercises such as yoga, tai chi and so on...

So, I wanted to create 3D models of people doing these exercises... but I only have this program called Asmetrix Web3D and it seems a little out-of-date [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] and thats the only one I have.

Anyway, the only thing I can do with WEB3D is choose a model (such as the attached one below) change color, add a coat/suit and so on... but I don't know how to go about making the model do the comlex exercises (making the model stretch his hand out/reaching his feet with his hands/so on...)

Can anyone help me? tell me how to go about doing this? which graphics program to use?

Jack,

Melbourne, Australia ;-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	man.JPG 
Views:	363 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	16222  

Howdy Folks! I am a newbie [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I am not a graphics professional and I don't know much about digital graphics. I am working on this site (my hobby project) that explains people about various exercises such as yoga, tai chi and so on...

So, I wanted to create 3D models of people doing these exercises... but I only have this program called Asmetrix Web3D and it seems a little out-of-date [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] and thats the only one I have.

Anyway, the only thing I can do with WEB3D is choose a model (such as the attached one below) change color, add a coat/suit and so on... but I don't know how to go about making the model do the comlex exercises (making the model stretch his hand out/reaching his feet with his hands/so on...)

Can anyone help me? tell me how to go about doing this? which graphics program to use?

Jack,

Melbourne, Australia ;-)

I haven't used the latest version of Poser, however it's probably your best hope. It's designed to give you human (and some animal) models, which supposedly you can easily position and animate. Again, I haven't seen it in action since one of the early versions, so you'll have to get some more opinions on it, but that's where I'd start if I were you.

Poser's Website

Welcome to the forum, Cyberwarpy---

Corel offers Poser 4. This program allows you to pose different types and heights, weights and sexes of people. It's fairly intuiotive, but at the same time, if you flex a joint in a way that's real-world impossible, you wind up with a deformed joint that is not easily corrected.

www.corel.com

...and it does animations.

Kindest Regards,

Gary David Bouton
    www.boutons.com
    Gary@GaryWorld.com
    Visit a really large gallery at www.GaryWorld.com!

Name:	DAVID.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	13712  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

Dear Cyberwarpy,
    I'd guess that those settings might be called "properties" or maybe "arrange". You can also search your help files. There are tons of tutorials on the web too, for various programs, maybe you can find one for your program.

Sharon P.
    www.fischerpassmoredesign.com

Welcome Cyberwarpy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Cool pic Gary,I especially like the sphere.

Heres an image I made the other day with a glass sphere.

Stu.

Name:	Things_copy.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	11932  

Lol, to the both of ya.

I was under the impression that Corel purchased Poser as well (since they had Bryce), however it turns out that Curious Labs is now the rightful owner. It makes more since for Bryce and Poser to be made by the same company...oh well.

To see more about Poser, go to Curious Labs.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

Yeah.. well.. Poser is looking good but at the same time I have a limited budget. I am just downloading the demo to check-it-out.

Gary, Did you use Poser to do that? Its cool!

I never realised how advanced computer graphics for PCs have become! LOL :-) I always thought Apple's are the best for multimedia...?!? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Can I use the images I make from Poser Demo in my commercial or non-commercial website? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

If that's not allowed... what if I make it in Poser and edit it in my own graphics program? Would that be allowed? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Jack,

Melbourne, Australia ;-)

There will probably be a read me with your demo Jack that sets out what is alright and what isnt as to editing and uses there of,and if it doesnt have enough info mail Curious labs [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.