Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xtreme Pro slow

Default Re: Xtreme Pro slow

ok, i see. Let's hope for the best. For the moment i am happy with the registry fix!

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Other software is not written in low level machine code, which is the source of Xara's speed in a 32bit environment.

I do not work for Xara and cannot speak for them but to assume that a fix can be quickly accomplished is overlooking too many variables.
    Lol. Sometimes I wonder if I only post here as a means of seeing what imaginative excuses the regulars can come up with when they detect something which might be taken as a slight against Xara.

Multithreaded code is very hard to get right regardless of the language you write your applications in. There's no great shame in having a latent bug exposed by subsequent hardware improvements.

But there is a legitimate question to be asked as to why, when X have known about this since at least last summer, they've not fixed it yet. Multithreaded rendering was only introduced recently, so it can hardly be said to be some ancient unmaintainable legacy feature.

No one is trying to provide "imaginative" excuses. You posted about an issue and I simply provided an alternative work around. You can either use the registry change or turn off Hyper Threading. Your choice.

Neither you nor I know what steps Xara has been or is currently taking about this problem.

I simply find it amusing that people continue to post about an issue without reguard to what may be required to correct it or patience to wait for an update.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I also have this same problem, and contacted Xara support. They are aware and say they are working on it. But, I really encourage everyone having this problem, to contact support to provide feedback. That way they can have a more accurate gauge on the scope of the problem, and maybe identify some anomaly that can be fixed. This problem REALLY effects my work. I'm saddened by the fact that after spending thousands of dollars on a new computer and upgraded software, the performance of the one program that I use the most every day, actually got worse.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike Emerson The Graphics Factory, Freelance Graphic Artist

Quote Originally Posted by graphicsfactory View Post
    I also have this same problem, and contacted Xara support. They are aware and say they are working on it. But, I really encourage everyone having this problem, to contact support to provide feedback. That way they can have a more accurate gauge on the scope of the problem, and maybe identify some anomaly that can be fixed. This problem REALLY effects my work. I'm saddened by the fact that after spending thousands of dollars on a new computer and upgraded software, the performance of the one program that I use the most every day, actually got worse.

Thanks,
    Mike
    You are correct, i will contact them as well.

If you do the registry fix, then performance will come back!

There's actually plenty of software that does not work with HT, which is why I have it turned off on the machine that supports it.

2 examples: Logic Platinum ($900 audio software) simply exits randomly (losing all your work) when HT is turned on. Cubase SX 2 (a similar audio software) actually gets far _slower_ when HT is turned on.

I'm sure there's more examples
    Alexander Ewering
    instinctive mediaworks