Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keywords

Default Re: Keywords

Adwords can be a brilliant and also costly tool it all depends on your target audience really, if you are running a "free" information site then adwords is not the way for you, however if you "sell" something or indeed are and affilaite or such then a "very" careful and thought out adwords campaign can springboard your site very quickly.

Although "site submission" is probably no longer as big a necessitiy as it was I always reccomend to every webmaster I come into contact with to use Google Webmaster tools, not only for letting Dr G know your site is there but they also offer some great tools to monitor crawl and html errors and it is a great way to keep track of your indexed keywords and search terms.

If you just make a site live and do nothing then I suppose "eventually" you will be indexed and organic traffic will grow from this, but surely it is better to achieve the same goal as "quickly" as possible?

Chris

PS

As an after thought I would also say that anyone considering using Adwords goes away and does some research, if you get it right it can be brilliant however if you get it wrong it WILL cost you a fortune.................

Thank you, werkzeug, for the info.

That SEO thingy, I'll have to look into. Presently my index page hasn't much text. Unless 'converted to graphics' is still considered searchable. The site is my first attempt at webpage creation and I tried to get it up as soon as I could. I intend to redo the site when I get home to France so that it has more text (if that is what is needed for these search engines both you and Sledger mentioned.) including a scrolling menu.

And thank you too, Sledger. You seem to always add a key element to the discussion.

I have a lot to learn, I see. And I'm not getting any younger lol.

Regards,
    Pat
    Patman = Patrick Mangner

Alzimers. What's that, I forgot. Growing old is not for Wimps
    My first created site harryshilltop.com

Thanks, ChrisBro,

More learning to do, for me, lol

Pat
    Patman = Patrick Mangner

Alzimers. What's that, I forgot. Growing old is not for Wimps
    My first created site harryshilltop.com