Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Xara for the Mac ?

Hello Xaras, I just want to know if you are developing a Mac version of XXP ?
    This is a faq of my friends.
    Thanx and , Marcia
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa

Question Re: Xara for the Mac ?

I too would like to know if the format support for Mac's are going to be added. I just recently got a Mac and would like to use it in OSX instead of booting into Winders.
    Is there any talk or rumors or is it going to happen soon?
    Inquiring minds would like to know...

Shaun

Default Re: Xara for the Mac ?

Hi Shaun,

There has not been any rumors or talk (except for this thread) about a possible Mac version in almost 5 years now.

I would not hold my breath waiting for a Mac version any time in the forseeable future.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Unhappy Re: Xara for the Mac ?

Many and many people waiting for that...but Xara seems don't listen...

It is a bad thing that on Mac there is not Xara because MAC=GRAPHIC so Xara would be perfect!

So DEAR XARA...when do you want release XARA for MAC??

Default Re: Xara for the Mac ?

You may want to address your request to MAGIX, as they are the parent company for Xara since January 2007. http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=25654

XaraLX for Linux was the main source for talk about a version for the Mac but that project has been shelved (on hold, awaiting some 3rd party support from the Linux Community) since about 2006.

Mac OS X is a UNIX type of OS (so is Linux) and there were not many 3rd party developers willing to provide support. Their primary reasoning was they wanted complete access to all source code including the core code written in machine code. This would have been equivalent to suicide for a company that survives on sales of their product. Giving away their proprietory code would allow anyone to release software that would compete for the sales that Xara needs to exist.

So, I do not know any inside information about what Xara has planed for any of their products but I don't see a Mac version in the future. I haven't seen any postings for Mac developers on the Xara web site for a few years now.
    Last edited by Soquili; 26 February 2010 at 01:39 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update