Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default the viewer PC screen

How do I create a site so, that it open's automaticly 100% correct at the viewers screen (so it recognice the viewer screen). So a viewer with a 15", 19", 22" or higher see exactly the site as I designed, without blank or white parts at the left and right side?
    Do I need a script for this?

Default Re: the viewer PC screen

Hi Pedro,

This is not possible with Web Designer or Xara Xtreme as they create fixed width WYSIWYG designed pages rather than fluid (expanding) pages.
    Please use the forum search function for more about this, the topic has been discussed a number of times.

Default Re: the viewer PC screen

Look up repeating backgrouns - specifically horizontal.. .

If you make a column of color or stripes or whatever and make it the height of the site itself (make sure it's even pixels wide with no outline), then create a bitmap copy of that, then in the bitmap gallery, select the created bitmap and choose background at the top of the window.

Now, you will have a tiled image (both vertical and horizontal). You can add a little style line to the <head> if you want to make it only tile in one direction - you can find that info in a different post around here, but this should get you started.

By doing this, you can have a centered site that is designed just like you want it, but a background that will go on forever in both directions to fill whatever browser width they have. It's a nice compromise to a fluid site, I think.

Does that help?