Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Default Re: Fantasy maps created using Xara Xtreme

bro, for an NDA youre showing a lot! be careful! congrats on your job, I'm enjoying my life as a graphic designer as well!
    Ron Cavagnaro

Quote Originally Posted by rpc9943 View Post
    bro, for an NDA youre showing a lot! be careful! congrats on your job, I'm enjoying my life as a graphic designer as well!
    Well, this is for a free product, and I own the IP - I am the co-publisher, the copyright holder, the concept creator, lead developer, cartographer, art director, one of the illustrators, and the page layout guy.

The NDA job for Paizo - which was the outline city map design at the top of the previous page. That one was the project that I couldn't reveal too much. However most of the maps and illustrations, including the last one is for Kaidan: a Japanese Ghost Story - which is my project. So there's no real NDA issue for my own work.

Great work Gamerprinter, I really like that last one with the eyes.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Here's my final version before I place it in the cover layout. I've darkened it some more. Depicted a much better looking samurai, placed a spear in is hand with a couple pennants to show the wind.

I think this is the final...

Michael

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frozen-wind-illustration-thumb.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	156.6 KB 
ID:	84578

So I repurposed the background of the cover illustration to use behind this portrait of the Yuki-Onna, the primary villain of the Frozen Wind adventure. She is described as a beautiful, fair skinned woman with white hair, white kimono with an inviting smile and a 'heavenly' glow. Of course, she is really a powerful spirit from Jigoku (hell) with her entourage of ice demons and the frozen dead of the former yamabushi monks of the monastery to make an interesting storyline for the adventure party.

I used a photo of a Japanese girl dressed in Heian Period noble woman kimono, and the face of an actress as reference for this portrait illustration.

Almost done with page layout, just need to create the ads for the upcoming products, and this should be ready for release by the end of this week (fingers crossed...)

Michael

Name:	yuki-onna-portrait.jpg 
Views:	443 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	84631

The product is complete, uploaded and awaiting release. I included one more illustration of note: a Mukurokoori - a frozen dead, a mindless undead monster under the control of the Yuki-Onna, in the same style.

Michael

Name:	mukurokoori.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	84646

I normally don't post links to products, but the above illustrations for the Frozen Wind one-shot adventure module set in Kaidan has been released and its a free PDF download from the Paizo Store, in case anyone wanted to check out what my products are like - just in time for a Halloween one-shot game for PFRPG.

Frozen Wind

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    So I repurposed the background of the cover illustration to use behind this portrait of the Yuki-Onna, the primary villain of the Frozen Wind adventure. She is described as a beautiful, fair skinned woman with white hair, white kimono with an inviting smile and a 'heavenly' glow. Of course, she is really a powerful spirit from Jigoku (hell) with her entourage of ice demons and the frozen dead of the former yamabushi monks of the monastery to make an interesting storyline for the adventure party.
    Very nicely done. makes me think of Galadriel from the LotR
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Thanks, BG!

Well the critics think highly of the Frozen Wind free adventure module, having earned three 5 star ratings so far. Comments range from 'includes full color original art, usually not featured in a free product' to 'feels like a full commercial adventure, not just a one-shot' and 'better in quality and atmosphere than many commercial adventures...'

All agree that we could have done a little better in the editing, due to some grammatical errors - we didn't use our editor for this, to keep the cost down. Still we're very proud of what we created.

Michael

Ok I've got to ask..what exactly is a PFRPG?
    I checked it out on Wikipedia but the article made no sense to me.

I especially like your maps, very nice creation of textures and colors on the plans/maps.
    Congratulations on the accolades.
    MG